Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Canon 1dx2 and canon 5dsr ?

denzar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 1dx2 and canon 5dsr ?

İ like bird macro and astro photography ; i decided 5dsr as a pair with 1dx2 : 100-400 ii and 400 do is ii and macro gear ; benefits of 5dsr for macro and bird photo ( crop option ) or any more suitable body ? Thanks

Jun 02, 2017 at 07:13 AM
therealthings
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 1dx2 and canon 5dsr ?

Good Choice. High speed and High resolution. Until recently i owned both and was very happy. But i got a great offer on the 5dsr and sold it. The camera i use most is the 1dxII anyways. The 5dsr is great for static wildlife and portraits low iso permitting light conditions. I might buy a 5dsr again if i can get it for a good price or when a 5dsr mark II is released.

Jun 02, 2017 at 07:28 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 1dx2 and canon 5dsr ?

It is a good combo. I had that combo for awhile as my main two bodies. I have since moved to 1DX2 and 5D4. I do almost all bird photos and not much else these days. I use 4 different lens/TCs combos that get me to f/8 so the 61 f/8 points on 5D4 made more sense to me. I also found I had a hard time realizing the full resolution of the 5DSR for action shots and shots with 800-1200mm because of technique and camera shake. Therefore I'm finding my 5D4 30MP shots are just as good as the 5DSR.

Still the 5DSR is a great camera....if technique is good for your macro you will see incredible detail. Landscapes look great and you can print those really large.

Jun 02, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Plinian
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 1dx2 and canon 5dsr ?

I've had that combo since both bodies were released, and couldn't be happier. I shoot probably 20% landscape and 80% birds; for birds, overall usage is probably 50% for each of the bodies (flight, action, and low light, i.e. ISO>1600, is done with the 1 series). For static bird images, keeper rate with the 5dsR is less than with the 1dx2, largely due to AF differences, but the amount of detail one can appreciate with the 5dsR is amazing.

If a significant proportion of your bird interests are with passerines, you probably want something longer than the 400. And, if a significant proportion of your overall interests lie with astrophotography, the 5d4 may be worth considering instead of the 5dsR.

Jun 02, 2017 at 12:56 PM
garyvot
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 1dx2 and canon 5dsr ?

This seems like a great conbo.

Random observation: The 5DS R is an astonishingly sharp camera. It destroys the 5D Mark IV for acutance at the pixel level. (The 5D4 is many good things, but it is not a particularly high resolving camera. Canon needs to back off on the strength of its low pass filters.)

Jun 02, 2017 at 02:40 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.