New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

PayPal INCREASING fees for Canadian Customers

pmbpro

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · PayPal INCREASING fees for Canadian Customers

Yes, pizdets17, I use the same card as you.

At the same time though, I discovered that we still have to be very careful of our 'Conversion Options' settings there, even after we set it the way we want.

I had a reason for checking again.

A month ago, PayPal 'mysteriously' managed to have it reverted to their conversion, when I had it specifically set to the option I wanted long before that time. I'd been suspicious ever since.

Well, my suspicions were correct because just yesterday, I especially went and checked my 'Conversion Options' to ensure it remained set to still having my credit card do the conversions. Guess what? It had once again changed back to PayPal's conversion option, and I know for a fact that I did not change it to theirs. Why would I, when my card has no conversion fee?

For many customers, that's not exactly an easy-to-find or prominent setting either, especially after their new site re-design.

I have to check that Conversion Option setting on a regular basis to ensure it's still set that way.

Paula

pizdets17 wrote:
No I mean an Amazon Visa card, if you choose it as a default payment method and "convert with card issuer" you will pay no conversion fees on your purchases in USD. Only the actual exchange rate at that second. So you save about 3%. Plus the card gives you 2% cash back on purchases. That gives you 5% virtually eliminating PayPal fees.

Jun 03, 2017 at 06:57 PM
pizdets17
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · PayPal INCREASING fees for Canadian Customers

I set it every time I make a purchase because it always defaults back to the "rape me" version

Jun 03, 2017 at 08:59 PM
mewanchuk
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · PayPal INCREASING fees for Canadian Customers

Thanks for the info, folks.

Cheers,
Mark

Jun 04, 2017 at 10:35 PM
Mickey
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · PayPal INCREASING fees for Canadian Customers

Buckeye1 wrote:
I have been done with paypal for a long time now....only use it if that is the only mean to complete a transaction.

Same for me except if folks won't accept my check or money order I go elsewhere for my purchase.

Jun 05, 2017 at 02:50 AM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password