New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · MacBookPro with external monitor problem with Photoshop setup

Jeff Rogers
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · MacBookPro with external monitor problem with Photoshop setup

I just switched from a Mac Tower with two monitors to a 15" MacBookPro with one additional monitor. Lightroom works great (with my additional monitor) but I have yet to configure how Photoshop and all menus appear on the larger, external monitor. I don't think this is a Mac thing, it is a PS thing and I can't figure it out. I want the main image, rulers and tool bars to be on the left side of the large monitor. I want all the other windows for PS and plug-ins, etc to be on the MacBook Pro screen. Is this too much to ask? What am I missing? Thanks.

Jun 01, 2017 at 11:36 AM
colinm
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · MacBookPro with external monitor problem with Photoshop setup

Adobe has, since the last major standalone release, defaulted Photoshop to an "all in one" window.

You can turn this off and get back to individual floating palettes and windows by unchecking Window > Application Frame.

Once you get it how you want it, you can also save your arrangement (so you can easily get back to it later if needed) using the Window > Workspace submenu.

Jun 04, 2017 at 05:38 PM
Jeff Rogers
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · MacBookPro with external monitor problem with Photoshop setup

Thanks! When I tried your first suggestion, everything shifted over to the MacBook Pro monitor and I was unable to drag it over to my Eizo monitor.
When I tried your second suggestion, I saved the workspace as you said and put everything where I wanted it to be. Closed the image I had up as a sample and opened a new image. But then I ran into a problem again. When the new image came up, the image screen was justified to the top left corner so that the menu bar and tools on the top and far left obstructed part of the image. Not to mention that the menu bar and tools barely hid part of the image frame. Does this make sense to you? Thank you so much.

Jun 05, 2017 at 08:01 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.