New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Help with LX100 selection

OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with LX100 selection

I have the LX100 that I like. It gives me a small camera with full manual control and good IQ. I am however having a lot of problem with the Q menu. I comes up with the expected choices, but when I move to a setting - say AF - I can not move between the options. Using the back scroll wheel moves me to another variable. Pushing set returns me to shooting mode. Attempting to move between AF choices (or any other variable) simply moves to another variable such as burst rate.

I've looked the manual over and can't discover the secret to moving and selecting choices from the Q menu. Likely I'm being dumb, but haven't found the secret.

Any help appreciated,
Robert

Jun 01, 2017 at 04:02 PM
gary0319
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with LX100 selection

I may not be understanding your situation, so I'll tell you how my LX100 works.
With the Q menu grid up on the LCD, I press the Q menu button which normally highlights the last item I had worked with (AFS). I can move between menu items with either the 4-way buttons or the scroll wheel. Once I'm at my desired menu item, pressing the menu/set button in the middle of the 4 way controller moves me to the options for that item and I can move between the options available with either the 4-way buttons or the scroll wheel. Press "set" and I'm done.

Jun 02, 2017 at 02:23 AM
OntheRez
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with LX100 selection

Gary,
Thanks for your answer. You have nailed the problem, though the solution doesn't work for me. I have the grid up (aspect, file type, AF). Using the scroll wheel I move to the desired item (in this case the AF control). However, when I push menu/set it returns me to the operation of the camera itself. That is I'm ready to shoot. I have not been able to select the variable I wish to change. Any move movement of the scroll wheel goes across the options, but even with the menu/set put, I cannot select any of the options.

Kept digging and got the break thru.
Put it down to user idiot. I noticed down at right corner there is a little graphic. It indicates which arrow (1 of four ring presses) moves the selection on to the item in question, in this case AF. Pushing it up puts me into the AF modes, moving ring allows selection, pressing set does the job.

Thanks much,
Robert

Jun 02, 2017 at 05:27 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password