New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sideshow

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sideshow

Your comments and critiques always welcome.

Steve

Sideshow

May 31, 2017 at 08:07 PM
KCook0
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sideshow

Beautiful color. For composition I would rather see a tighter shot of just the painting on the right, or the one on the left. That massive concrete column running down the middle spoils the flow here.

Kelly

Jun 01, 2017 at 01:37 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sideshow

KCook0 wrote:
Beautiful color. For composition I would rather see a tighter shot of just the painting on the right, or the one on the left. That massive concrete column running down the middle spoils the flow here.

Kelly

Appreciate your comments about the compositon Kelly. One of my goals in the photo was to show the range of art on view, from the religious painting on the left to the abstract nude on the right, both probably 4 or 5 centuries apart. Times have changed.

Steve

Jun 01, 2017 at 08:07 AM
rgoosney
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sideshow

I like it, there is a lot going on here and it begs your eyes to explore.

Jun 01, 2017 at 08:24 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sideshow

rgoosney wrote:
I like it, there is a lot going on here and it begs your eyes to explore.

Thanks RG!

Steve

Jun 01, 2017 at 08:27 AM
Kevin T
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sideshow

Awesome capture of contemplation, longing, misspent youth, constraint, barriers, reflection, etc. I don't know if I need the descriptive signage on the wall (maybe crop?), which may lead to other re-balance but again....well done!

Jun 01, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sideshow

What could be construed only as "window gazing" goes beyond that with the subtly quiet passing from the left frame of the elderly gentleman

Jun 01, 2017 at 12:35 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sideshow

Rick Joyce wrote:
What could be construed only as "window gazing" goes beyond that with the subtly quiet passing from the left frame of the elderly gentleman

Appreciate your comments Rick.

Steve

Jun 01, 2017 at 08:36 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sideshow

I'm not really feeling the connection on this one, personally. I do like all of the squares and rectangles, but the 2/3rd weight of the left feels awkward/incomplete/imbalanced against the 1/3rd of the right. Could just be personal preference!

What I do think needs to be addressed is the heavy cyan cast in play here. Check out a quick cyan drop below!

Jeff

Jun 02, 2017 at 04:28 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sideshow

beavens wrote:
I'm not really feeling the connection on this one, personally. I do like all of the squares and rectangles, but the 2/3rd weight of the left feels awkward/incomplete/imbalanced against the 1/3rd of the right. Could just be personal preference!

What I do think needs to be addressed is the heavy cyan cast in play here. Check out a quick cyan drop below!

Jeff

Thanks for pointing out that color cast Jeff. Totally passed me by.
Steve

Jun 02, 2017 at 06:01 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.