Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

c.d.embrey
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

I'm looking for something like Photo Bucket that allows me to post photos, not something like Flikr tha sends me to their site. I want PAID sites ONLY.

I'm looking for a site that won't use my photos to advertise their site. Someone who will not strip my IPTC info from the photo, like Google does. You know, someone ethical. I also don't want to use the sites domain name, if possible, i.e. Smugmug-chucks-photos.com

Since I've retired I don't have a website. So I need to have a place to post from. Mainly things like this.

Big Stan Johnson driving the Jones & Johnson 1955 Chevy. El Mirage Dry Lake, about 1962. I've donated some photos to the SCTA Roadrunner site, who is hosting this photo. BTW this was shot with a Pentacon 6 6x6 film camera with an 80mm Zeiss lens.

May 29, 2017 at 10:17 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

If I understand your question (you want your own domain name and you want to pay for the hosting service so they don't muck with your images), zenfolio.com or smugmug.com are two places to start.

Get your domain name thru godaddy.com. Both Zen and Smug have apps that help you connect your site with godaddy so set up your domain.

HTH.

May 29, 2017 at 11:09 PM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

nolaguy wrote:
If I understand your question (you want your own domain name and you want to pay for the hosting service so they don't muck with your images), zenfolio.com or smugmug.com are two places to start.

Get your domain name thru godaddy.com. Both Zen and Smug have apps that help you connect your site with godaddy so set up your domain.

HTH.

No, I do not want a website. No domain name wanted or needed. I do not want people to view my photos online, like a Smugmug, or 500px. I do not want to sell photos, so no e-commerce needed.

I just want someplace to store a very few photos (<50) and occasionally post them to forums, etc, something like a PAID version of PhotoBucket.

Maybe no such thing exists.

May 30, 2017 at 01:15 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

I've found an answer, that works for me. YMMV.

I'm an Amazon Prime member. Prime Photos gives me unlimited photo storage as part of my Amazon Prime membership.

Prime Photos is searchable and shareable.

W00H00!

May 30, 2017 at 01:50 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

It works

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/6ymv6Eq7Usshd0qqV1oJoqNTNui6UwzdsE9jd8zG1xj

But it sends me to the Prime Photo site, something I do not want

So I'm still looking.

May 30, 2017 at 02:50 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

I have my own physical machines, and also a virtual machine at Rackspace. This not cheap, but I retain operational control of the Internet presence, including the web server. A cheaper variation is service from gandi.net who will provide a domain name, web hosting dedicated to you, email, etc. They will also help you set it up. Gandi is based in France and pretty left-wing, so they won't be exploiting your work. I'm using them for domain name registration and DNS service. Hosting operators stateside are self-serving scum, by and large.

Note that FM provides image serving via the gallery, and that may be sufficient for your needs. The visible domain name will be fredmiranda.com, of course.

May 30, 2017 at 03:16 AM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

Try Dropbox.l

May 30, 2017 at 03:28 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

rico wrote:
Hosting operators stateside are self-serving scum, by and large.

I've always thought that, and my search is reinforcing that idea

My problem is I do not want a web site. I do not want to share. I do not want to sell. I do not want to be used by a company for their promotion.

Do you know of any Dutch or French companies that are like an ethical PhotoBucket? Or of a way to search for them?

May 30, 2017 at 03:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

chez wrote:
Try Dropbox.l

I'll check them out. The only interaction I've ever had with them was when I was sent large files. I did not know they did storage.

May 30, 2017 at 03:37 AM
moranjr
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

Dropbox is the way to go IMO.

May 30, 2017 at 03:42 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

rico wrote:
A cheaper variation is service from gandi.net who will provide a domain name, web hosting dedicated to you, email, etc. They will also help you set it up. Gandi is based in France and pretty left-wing, so they won't be exploiting your work. I'm using them for domain name registration and DNS service..

I took a quick look at their site—they use all open source. PHP, Python, Ruby and the MySQL database. It's been over ten years since I worked with any of that. It's been awhile, but I think I can hand-code HTML and CSS. I was a member of a Linux SIG that was very social conscious I built the front-end for some test sites for some homeless shelter thin clients. This would be easy to do today, with the server in the cloud.

BTW love the fact that they have Trade-Marked No Bullshit

May 30, 2017 at 03:57 AM
padrelar

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

c.d.embrey wrote:
What does that have to do with anything? Facebook, Goggle and others are quite leftwing and are some of the biggest exploiters out there.

Aug 13, 2017 at 06:08 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

If I get you correct you want to pay for a web site that is secure so your images can only be seen by whom you give access to and can link to them in most web forums you don't want a domain name with the host included, you don't want your photos used in the host advertising or promotions. You don't want your files messedwith. You do want to view the file in a web environment.

If that covers it then why don't you hire a web designer to design a site that is up to you specs and host it for you. If I was you and used Lightroom I would have them design it so your Lightroom could update it since lr will let you design your own photo web sites and or galleries. Maybe designing the page in lr and saving everything on Dropbox might work.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:57 AM
c.d.embrey
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

Michael White wrote:
If that covers it then why don't you hire a web designer to design a site that is up to you specs and host it for you. If I was you and used Lightroom I would have them design it so your Lightroom could update it since lr will let you design your own photo web sites and or galleries. Maybe designing the page in lr and saving everything on Dropbox might work.

I don't want/need a website. I thought I was clear about that—I guess I wasn't. Dropbox is the solution I decided to use.

BTW I don't use a commercial cataloging system, and I hand code HTML and CSS.

I really ain't into sharing—I haven't used Dropbox to post a photo online yet.

Thanks for taking the time to make these suggestions.

Aug 15, 2017 at 01:49 PM
dhachey
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I'm looking for a PAID image hosting site.

moranjr wrote:
Dropbox is the way to go IMO.

Agreed! I've been doing this for years for files I want to share, but retain personal control. Works fine

Aug 15, 2017 at 02:13 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password