Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Theo Voorbij
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Hello, celebrating our 25th anniversary we will be visiting the States again. I got a lot covered but Idaho is new to us. We have a week after Yellowstone to make it back to SF. We love nature and wildlife. Any suggestion is welcome from photographer's perspective. Thanks in advance!

May 29, 2017 at 03:48 AM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

backpacking? Sawtooths are great

May 29, 2017 at 10:45 AM
John Zeman
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Shoshone Falls just outside of Twin Falls Idaho was well worth a half day stop for my wife and I a few years ago. Very impressive waterfalls there.

May 29, 2017 at 08:52 PM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Looking for something off the beaten path? Check out the Santa Rosa Mountains in far northern Nevada. If you're up for some dirt roads, the high elevation scenery is sublime.

May 29, 2017 at 11:36 PM
Abbott Schindl
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Mesa Falls, just off US20 south of West Yellowstone is worth a look. Sawtooths are beautiful.

The area around Coeur d'Alene has a lot of nature to see. If you go that way, I'd suggest that afterward you cross into Washington and work your way down through the Palouse, further down to Pendleton, Oregon, then follow I-84 along the Columbia River to US97 (Hood River), then take 97 south through Central Oregon, maybe stopping at Crater Lake National Park, and then continuing to where 97 meets I-5, heading to San Francisco from there. Lots of beautiful things to see all along the way. This would make a nice (quick) week.

If you decide on a route like this, PM me and I can give you more info.

May 30, 2017 at 06:06 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

When leaving Yellowstone (if traveling south via Jackson), drive over Teton Pass and then to Hwy 31 to Swan Valley and to the main Hwy 15 and points of interest westward (Hailey, Ketchum, Sun Valley). The Idaho panhandle area, e.g., Coeur d'Alene, is very far off up north, but probably worth a visit if you have that much time on your hands.

May 31, 2017 at 12:37 AM
Theo Voorbij
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Sorry, I had to mention I will be going from Jackson (4 day stay) where we visit Tetons towards Yellowstone. We will be staying in Gardiner for 4 days. We have never spend time in Idaho, so that's why we like to use our last week to enjoy this state.

Edited on May 31, 2017 at 05:26 AM · View previous versions

May 31, 2017 at 04:42 AM
Theo Voorbij
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Dustin Gent wrote:
backpacking? Sawtooths are great

No, by car and hiking trails. (up to about 5 mile)

Edited on May 31, 2017 at 05:12 AM · View previous versions

May 31, 2017 at 04:57 AM
Theo Voorbij
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Abbott Schindl wrote:
Mesa Falls, just off US20 south of West Yellowstone is worth a look. Sawtooths are beautiful.

The area around Coeur d'Alene has a lot of nature to see. If you go that way, I'd suggest that afterward you cross into Washington and work your way down through the Palouse, further down to Pendleton, Oregon, then follow I-84 along the Columbia River to US97 (Hood River), then take 97 south through Central Oregon, maybe stopping at Crater Lake National Park, and then continuing to where 97 meets I-5, heading to San Francisco from there. Lots of beautiful things to see all
...Show more

With one week more it could be a great route (and I'm not complaining with our 5 weeks ) but I want to spend time in Idaho from Gardiner. This is a great opportunity to do it this time. We luckily have been to Washington state some years ago. I guess it makes more sense to stay in south-east, south and maybe south-west part of Idaho. However I will check out if Coeur d'Alene can be done without only driving all that week. It will depend on the rest of the highlights we plan to see.

May 31, 2017 at 05:11 AM
Theo Voorbij
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Idaho (from Yellowstone, South-East)

Greg Campbell wrote:
Looking for something off the beaten path? Check out the Santa Rosa Mountains in far northern Nevada. If you're up for some dirt roads, the high elevation scenery is sublime.

This could work for us depending on highlights in Idaho. I will get into this. Thanks!

May 31, 2017 at 05:22 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.