New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 VS Sigma 1.4 Art for weddings

LPfromNJ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 VS Sigma 1.4 Art for weddings

Bubble- I haven't heard much on that 45mm except what is on youtube. The Angry Photographer (for what his opinion is worth?) says that it's gold and a must have. I already have a 50 1.4 in the Non art and I'm pretty happy with it which is why I was leaning toward the 35 instead. I used my DX 35 on my D750 once in a while and the quality is pretty decent but I love the look it gives at that focal length but I don't trust it enough for wedding prints that might get printed.

Jun 04, 2017 at 08:46 PM
LPfromNJ
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 VS Sigma 1.4 Art for weddings

The CA report on the 35 is news to me so thank you for bringing that up. Does the CA removal in LR pretty much take care of that or do I need to really mess with the color settings to get rid of it? Thanks

Jun 04, 2017 at 08:47 PM
LPfromNJ
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 VS Sigma 1.4 Art for weddings

Kent- I'm also looking for a 24-70 but it would also be Tamron for now due to cost since I will be in the market to look for about 3-4 lenses in the near future. I've heard so much good and bad on the Sigma's that I'm afraid to try one. My luck it will forget how to focus while at a wedding. I haven't hear the Tammy's needing any adjustments from the factory. If the Tammy was a 1.4 I wouldn't even have started the post.

Jun 04, 2017 at 08:49 PM
LPfromNJ
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 VS Sigma 1.4 Art for weddings

Wallstreetonei- no plans on upgrading bodies for a while. I now have the D750, D3, and D7100. I eventually want to have 2 D750 bodies and a variety of lenses. I want to make the 35mm purchase once if that's possible so I'm looking for the best option. I just hate the thought of putting a lens on a dock and calibrating it ever few months. Problem is the Tammy is only 1.8. Such a tough call.

Jun 04, 2017 at 08:53 PM
LPfromNJ
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Tamron 35mm 1.8 VS Sigma 1.4 Art for weddings

Very interesting that some have good AND bad experiences with both lenses.

Jun 04, 2017 at 08:55 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.