New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

GNP with 31' motorhome

pizdets17
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GNP with 31' motorhome

What does one do if I have a vehicle this big and want to spend a mon-fri at the park? From what I gather, no campsites on the park have electricity and the vehicle would be too big to drive around the park if we stayed elsewhere.. Any help would be appreciated

May 29, 2017 at 05:51 AM
NCAndy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GNP with 31' motorhome

The length limit for Going to the Sun Road is 21 feet, so you won't be able to take that RV through the park. There are no hookups for RVs in the park campgrounds but there are wastewater dump stations. Some people have generators in their campers but the hours of use are limited. You can stay just outside the park in a commercial campground that would most likely have the amenities you like for your camper. The good news is the park has a well thought out shuttle service and you could park at the visitor center and ride the shuttles into the park. I usually have a car when I'm in Glacier but use the shuttle in spots to get back to the car from hikes. During the height of summer parking gets tight at popular trailheads and Logan Pass parking lot can fill up early in the morning. Summer is crowded now with cheap gas making travel easier for many. Last August the park was as crowded as I have ever seen it, and in fact 2016 was a record for visitation.

May 29, 2017 at 10:08 PM
pizdets17
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · GNP with 31' motorhome

I think I'm going to stay at KOA at St Mary's and bring two vehicles. is there enough to see at that end of the park you think?

May 29, 2017 at 11:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

John Zeman
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · GNP with 31' motorhome

You could easily spend a couple days in the Many Glacier area alone.

May 30, 2017 at 01:56 AM
NCAndy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · GNP with 31' motorhome

I like the east side of the park, I always see more wildlife along the road near St. Mary Lake than anywhere else. I stayed in St. Mary campground last summer and it was a nice location for what we wanted to do. The east side is less wooded, more open views.

May 30, 2017 at 12:00 PM
pizdets17
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · GNP with 31' motorhome

Awesome! As I am traveling with my wife and kids we will stay at the KOA St Mary due to having full hook ups (you know, girls are different). Looking forward to this, thanks to everyone who chimed in

May 30, 2017 at 04:47 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password