Mado 2017

Mado 2017

Mado 2017

May 27, 2017 at 02:58 PM
Brev00
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lila

To my eye, #1 is the most successful shot of the three. The composition is precise with excellent placement of your subject in front of the poster. It has a casual feel--not dramatically posed, more simple and to the point. #2 would be terrific but the blue pier is very distracting for me. Selectively removing the blue could help as converting to black and white entirely would cost you the other colors which are all fine. I do not get the point of shooting these folks from the rear. It is not flattering nor is the arrangement precise. The fact they they are standing on railroad tracks can be upsetting to many viewers. As my son just told me today about the number of people injured by trains and the way his driving instructor emphasized care in this regard, I feel more sensitive about the subject than usual.

May 29, 2017 at 12:55 AM
SJMD
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lila

One is nice, but the sunglasses truly distract my eyes, I think the same shot without the glasses would be even better.
agree about number two.
three does nothing for me. I has no interest or meaning to me. Well done, just does not grab my attention. the curve is a nice touch to the image.
I am not worried about people being upset...
if that was the case, you should never have a car, in a photograph, more people are killed by cars. (Yes watch out for train )

thx for posting...

May 29, 2017 at 12:09 PM
revox

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lila

I really like the last one, kind of mysterious when they all have their backs towards the camera and I also like the arrangement/placing where they stand.
(Maybe it could also work in old style B&W)

Jun 04, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Mado
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lila

revox wrote:
I really like the last one, kind of mysterious when they all have their backs towards the camera and I also like the arrangement/placing where they stand.
(Maybe it could also work in old style B&W)

Thank you each of you for your kind comments. These students were placed this way, and many other ways, because of the dance that they will perform next week. It is about the documentary of a little boy walking on the track from an old school that he hates to try to reach home, which, unfortunately, he never reached. Tragically hips, a Canadian band, with the help of Gordi Downie interpret the music that goes with it. A very poignant and well done documentary.

Mado 2017

Jun 04, 2017 at 11:49 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.