New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Kolari UT & Contax 35/1.4

AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kolari UT & Contax 35/1.4

Anyone have this combo and can see if there's field curvature with the Kolari UT? I was shooting this morning and noticed it was worse than I remembered. I did have a B+W CPL on, don't think that's supposed to affect things, but don't remember it being like this... Look at the truck on the left edge.

May 27, 2017 at 11:31 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kolari UT & Contax 35/1.4

Mathieu18 wrote:
Anyone have this combo and can see if there's field curvature with the Kolari UT? I was shooting this morning and noticed it was worse than I remembered. I did have a B+W CPL on, don't think that's supposed to affect things, but don't remember it being like this... Look at the truck on the left edge.

dof on the c/y 35/1.4 definitely increases towards the edges even without field curvature, which is what you are seeing i believe. this occurs on film as well, so i doubt the kolari mod will help much (perhaps i'll get a chance to test sometime...).

the c/y has a floating element that will cause field curvature if it's not properly calibrate (or if your adapter is too short), that may cause additional issues.

May 27, 2017 at 04:15 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kolari UT & Contax 35/1.4

Good to know, thanks. I think the adapters decent but it's not perfect. It's a Kipon.

Thanks again.

May 27, 2017 at 04:30 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kolari UT & Contax 35/1.4

Mathieu18 wrote:
Good to know, thanks. I think the adapters decent but it's not perfect. It's a Kipon.

Thanks again.

doesn't matter the brand, what matters is whether the infinity stop corresponds to actual infinity focus. if it doesn't the floating element will be improperly set (might be anyway just due to bumps with age).

May 27, 2017 at 05:57 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.