Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Horizontal Lines/Streaks while Printing (Canon Pro-1000)

StanOPhoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Horizontal Lines/Streaks while Printing (Canon Pro-1000)

Hi all,

I've had my Canon Pro-1000 since first release and never had a problem with it until recently. I'm now getting horizontal lines in solid color blocks (gray backdrop for headshots, etc.).

In Normal Quality, they show up as faint white lines between rows of ink. In Best Quality, they disappear a bit but still show up as light and dark rows.

I've tried head alignment, head cleaning, roller cleaning, bottom plate cleaning the works. Problem still persists. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

May 24, 2017 at 10:42 PM
John Wheeler
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Horizontal Lines/Streaks while Printing (Canon Pro-1000)

Hi Stan
I assume this is a scan of a print. Can you post/share the original image. This comes across as banding in the data which can be caused by several issues including processing in 8 bit or using a wide gamut color space in 8 bit mode. The banding shows up the worst in slowing varying gradients as you have in the background.

If this were a printer issue it seems you would see the issue to some level in the non-slow gradient areas and I see none.

So if I were to guess, this is not a printer issue yet an image data / workflow issue.

If this is a banding issue, there are some compensating techniques to eliminate the banding issue with post processing.

Just some quick thoughts

May 25, 2017 at 03:18 AM
StanOPhoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Horizontal Lines/Streaks while Printing (Canon Pro-1000)

Lots of time and research involved in this quest for better printing quality I finally figured it out.

Lightroom has a 16-Bit option in the print window it made things better, but still not right.

I checked "Prevent Print Abrasion" in the printer settings AND the print pop-up window Both were checked. Upon further investigation, this lifts the print head away from the paper, slows the print process and degrades the quality. I removed those settings and things now look perfect!

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:21 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Horizontal Lines/Streaks while Printing (Canon Pro-1000)

Thank you Stan, that's worth noting.

Aug 16, 2017 at 02:08 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password