Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Yant Flat

brockslinger
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yant Flat

Hey Everyone -

It has been an exciting last few weeks with a couple different adventures back into the Southern Utah desert for me. Once place that had been high on my list was a visit to Yant Flat for its unique geological features. So many people pass by this place (please keep driving!) on their way to Zion or Bryce but it's a true gem of the Southern Utah desert.

The most unique feature found there is tittle Yellow Top and it and amazing combination of color and shape. We didn't have any clouds or drama in the sky during our visit but early mornings brought nice and soft light. In the first image I have moved the moon from its superior location and layered in starts from earlier in the morning to give the image a more surreal effect (this is my take on this spot after all) which all may not enjoy.

Enjoy and all C&C is welcomed and appreciated

Brock

May 23, 2017 at 09:26 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yant Flat

Love them all, but especially THE FIRST ONE.

May 23, 2017 at 09:50 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yant Flat

Good compositions, 2nd is my choice. I was there in March, enjoyed it a lot. Especially nice so few go there.

May 23, 2017 at 11:44 AM
gordon l
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yant Flat

Hi Brock,
You should have told me you were coming to town. I was sleeping in that town see in the distance on shot #1.
Nice shot. It's tricky to hike into the "yellow top" or "turtle shell" in the dark. That's a beautiful spot. I like #1 shot with the unusual lighting. Cool.
#3 looks to be a tad overexposed in the highlights.
#4 has a nice cluster of hills. I like what you've done there with composition.

Gordon

May 23, 2017 at 02:04 PM
crfrey71
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yant Flat

Very nice composition in #1

May 24, 2017 at 02:01 AM
brockslinger
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yant Flat

ben egbert wrote:
Love them all, but especially THE FIRST ONE.

Hi Ben - Thank for looking and glad you enjoyed that first one! It was an effort to get there early but worth it!

---------------------------------------------

stanparker wrote:
Good compositions, 2nd is my choice. I was there in March, enjoyed it a lot. Especially nice so few go there.

Hi Stan - It's quite the spot right? Almost rivals the more popular White Pocket/V. Cliffs area.

gordon l wrote:
Hi Brock,
You should have told me you were coming to town. I was sleeping in that town see in the distance on shot #1.
Nice shot. It's tricky to hike into the "yellow top" or "turtle shell" in the dark. That's a beautiful spot. I like #1 shot with the unusual lighting. Cool.
#3 looks to be a tad overexposed in the highlights.
#4 has a nice cluster of hills. I like what you've done there with composition.

Gordon

Hi Gordon - Being out there yet so close to St. George was a pretty unique place. Especially when if I had panned to the left on shots #1 and #2 you would see the Walmart distribution center With that said it is still a place you can find complete solitude.

I'll look into taking the highlights down a touch in #3. It was a fun place to shoot that made me stretch outside my normal shooting conditions.

crfrey71 wrote:
Very nice composition in #1

Thank you!

May 24, 2017 at 08:19 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yant Flat

Great set.
Love #1.

David

May 24, 2017 at 01:06 PM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yant Flat

Great set of photos Brock! Really like that first one!

Jun 08, 2017 at 02:13 PM
jdc562
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Yant Flat

Nice images of an interesting place--a place I have never seen before. Thanks for sharing!

Jun 13, 2017 at 02:20 PM
ryanpfleger
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Yant Flat

Nice spot! I like the first one, especially. Because of the blue and orange contrasting together in the top of the image the top half of the image looks much sharper than the bottom half. If the bottom half is indeed not sharp, maybe see if you have an image sharp in the foreground to layer in since it is already a composite. Alternatively you could sharpen up the lower a bit or bump the contrast there. Cool image!

Jun 13, 2017 at 03:52 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.