New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · GH5 sensor defect ???

millsart
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GH5 sensor defect ???

Mentioned this in another thread but figured giving it it's own topic would be helpful

Got an open box GH5, for a nice savings, from B&H and camera appeared perfect, then after about 1 hour of shooting, I noticed this thin blue/purple line down the side of every image. It shows up in the EVF, on the LCD and in the actual images. I got the camera when it was still light out so didn't immediately notice the defect, but then as it became evening and I was playing around with the camera indoors it really jumped out at me.

Higher the ISO, the more noticeable it becomes, getting pretty bright pinkish. At low ISO settings, such as daylight shooting, its very faint, and more visible just at the middle of the frame, as the ISO goes up it gets wider.

Here is just a random sample image showing the defect, with a 100% crop overlaid. Its not a steady line as you can see, more of a dashed look.

I'm thinking its something wrong with the sensor, or the wiring etc. I've tried all the pixel refresh, reloading firmware etc, and nothing seems to resolve it.

Guess I know why this camera got returned.....

May 21, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Katy C

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GH5 sensor defect ???

Sorry to read about your problem, with the GH5 I guess it's
a salutory lesson not to buy open box goods.

Will you get another GH5? I certainly enjoy mine and don't
think I could give it up.

May 21, 2017 at 04:38 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.