Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Early morning light at Fort De Soto...
  
 
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


We woke up at 3:30AM in order to leave by 4AM to drive from Orlando to Fort De Soto in order to get first light. The things we do for good shots
A few from the beach/lagoon




  Canon EOS-1D X Mark II    EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +2x III lens    800mm    f/8.0    1/800s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS-1D X Mark II    EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +1.4x III lens    560mm    f/5.6    1/1600s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS-1D X Mark II    EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +2x III lens    800mm    f/8.0    1/800s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS-1D X Mark II    EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +1.4x III lens    560mm    f/5.6    1/1600s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS-1D X Mark II    EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +1.4x III lens    560mm    f/5.6    1/200s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS-1D X Mark II    EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +2x III lens    800mm    f/8.0    1/640s    250 ISO    0.0 EV  






  Canon EOS-1D X Mark II    EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM +2x III lens    800mm    f/8.0    1/800s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  




May 19, 2017 at 02:40 PM
Jess_Sullivan
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Nice! The last one has quite a spectacular angle and background- "aurora bokehalis?"


May 19, 2017 at 08:59 PM
Mort2k
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Very nice set.

Rob



May 19, 2017 at 09:09 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Jess_Sullivan wrote:
Nice! The last one has quite a spectacular angle and background- "aurora bokehalis?"


Thanks Jess. I like that term aurora bokehalis!!



May 19, 2017 at 10:41 PM
surfnron
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


A great set with a great low angle Geoff. My body doesn't get that low any more ~ Ron


May 19, 2017 at 10:43 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


surfnron wrote:
A great set with a great low angle Geoff. My body doesn't get that low any more ~ Ron


If you had a 400DOII then maybe you could have got a bit lower Of course even I didn't get as low as Mitesh who practically dug himself into the mud



May 19, 2017 at 11:07 PM
Warkari
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...



Stunning pictures, Geoff!!

Amit



May 20, 2017 at 12:02 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


1, 3 and the last are my picks Geoff. Some of these seem to lack shadow. Real nice low shooting. Take any photos of the stunning bridge in early light?

Morris



May 20, 2017 at 12:10 AM
mitesh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Beautiful set, Geoff! This was a pretty special morning, for sure! This set really showcases both artistry and technical proficiency. When do we get to see the RE portrait?


May 20, 2017 at 12:46 AM
sritri
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Superb work Geoff!!


May 20, 2017 at 03:23 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Karl Witt
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Early light is terrific Geoff and always worth the early rise to get to it.
That poor bird looks stuck in the last shot! And I am too stuck on it as a favorite

Nice shorebirds and waders, that 400 DO II and 2x really performed well! Sweet set man

Karl



May 20, 2017 at 04:07 AM
KirkB
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Nothing better than first light and laying in the sand for that eye-level POV.
1, 3, 6, and 7 are the standouts for me, but it's a great set all around.
Really well done Geoff.

Kirk



May 20, 2017 at 04:25 AM
kwilliam8
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Your early start paid off! The last is my favorite, although all are very nice.
Keith W.



May 20, 2017 at 04:45 AM
Stephen-Jay
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


All wonderful low angle photos, darn Godwits do the same thing everywhere. The hard work always pays off, thanks for sharing Geoff.


May 20, 2017 at 08:23 AM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Mort2k wrote:
Very nice set.

Rob


Thanks Rob
---------------------------------------------

Warkari wrote:
Stunning pictures, Geoff!!

Amit


Thanks Amit
---------------------------------------------

morris wrote:
1, 3 and the last are my picks Geoff. Some of these seem to lack shadow. Real nice low shooting. Take any photos of the stunning bridge in early light?

Morris


Thanks Morris. If they lack shadow then that is what it was, I did almost no PP to these as the light was so perfect.



May 20, 2017 at 01:08 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


mitesh wrote:
Beautiful set, Geoff! This was a pretty special morning, for sure! This set really showcases both artistry and technical proficiency. When do we get to see the RE portrait?


Thanks Mitesh for suggesting that we get wet and therefore getting these special images. As to the RE portrait, good things come to those that wait



May 20, 2017 at 01:09 PM
ox0312
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Nicely captured Geoff.
Was wondering why you were not using your 600mm + 2x for shorebirds (IMO, provide a better angle of view ) but than Mitesh mentioned about RE - would have been too tight. TFS

- Faizan



May 20, 2017 at 01:29 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


sritri wrote:
Superb work Geoff!!


Thanks
---------------------------------------------

Karl Witt wrote:
Early light is terrific Geoff and always worth the early rise to get to it.
That poor bird looks stuck in the last shot! And I am too stuck on it as a favorite

Nice shorebirds and waders, that 400 DO II and 2x really performed well! Sweet set man

Karl


Thanks Karl, the 400DOII/2x continues to impress.



May 20, 2017 at 07:15 PM
Plinian
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


Hey Geoff I know EXACTLY what you mean--the only thing worse than a 4 AM departure from Orlando to North Beach is what happened to KD and me a couple weeks earlier--unfavorable weather the night before, wind, and no birds!

Good to see you didn't have that experience--a great collection of shorebirds all in breeding plumage. My favorites are the Red Knot and Dunlin. I'll look forward to seeing more.

Greg



May 20, 2017 at 08:15 PM
arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Early morning light at Fort De Soto...


KirkB wrote:
Nothing better than first light and laying in the sand for that eye-level POV.
1, 3, 6, and 7 are the standouts for me, but it's a great set all around.
Really well done Geoff.

Kirk


Thanks Kirk
---------------------------------------------

kwilliam8 wrote:
Your early start paid off! The last is my favorite, although all are very nice.
Keith W.


Thanks Keith
---------------------------------------------

Stephen-Jay wrote:
All wonderful low angle photos, darn Godwits do the same thing everywhere. The hard work always pays off, thanks for sharing Geoff.


Thanks Stephen-Jay



May 21, 2017 at 02:41 AM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password