New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2017 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

Lan11
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

Canon pulled out the latest f/m V1.1.1 update. Once again those who rushed to update are sorry. This camera has had the most extreme opinions about the AF performance among users and must be a record holder in terms of the number of the f/m updates.

May 19, 2017 at 06:19 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

Probably hasn't reached 1D3 status yet but it's closing in on it. The next time around they really need to give the 7D3 the same type of AF components as the 1DX(2). The mk2 just wasn't there.

May 19, 2017 at 07:00 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

I think buyers thought they were getting an APS-C 1dx for a whole lot less money than buying a 1dx. Buyers were also really hung up on the AF Case examples and expected 1dx performance. Buyers also thought that FW would be the magic bullet and poof...a 1dx.

My 7d II is a great camera. Very sharp, accurate and consistent AF. I have no complaints. I use it for what it was intended. At this point, I'm not really interested in the next iteration of the 7d.

May 19, 2017 at 08:06 AM
05xrunner
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

where are all these reports of people having all these problems? it just released yesterday. i see no one on here making threads or anyone on POTN say anything about it.

May 19, 2017 at 08:18 AM
qc_mountain
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

05xrunner wrote:
where are all these reports of people having all these problems? it just released yesterday. i see no one on here making threads or anyone on POTN say anything about it.

If you look back here when it got out and later there was people's with problems my first copy was pre ordered and later bought a second copy it dawned on me that the second copy must have came from the same batch i didn't like them just sold them and moved on with the 5DsR.

Francois

May 19, 2017 at 08:30 AM
qc_mountain
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

Lan11 wrote:
Canon pulled out the latest f/m V1.1.1 update. Once again those who rushed to update are sorry. This camera has had the most extreme opinions about the AF performance among users and must be a record holder in terms of the number of the f/m updates.

Hey Lan11

Just of curiosity can you tell us what are the new mishaps of the 7DMkii ?

Francois

May 19, 2017 at 08:35 AM
krementz
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

I don't know what this is about. Canon released 1.1.1 about 4/26, and I installed it 4/27. Is this a "new" 1.1.1?

Not much of an upgrade.

May 19, 2017 at 08:54 AM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

ggreene wrote:
Probably hasn't reached 1D3 status yet but it's closing in on it. The next time around they really need to give the 7D3 the same type of AF components as the 1DX(2). The mk2 just wasn't there.

I think it'll be a cold day in hell when Canon gives an APS-C body the exact same AF (including dedicated processing, algorithms, etc.) as the 1DX II (or whatever current flagship). They are very protective of those 1-series bodies, so much so they won't even give $4000 cameras the same metering options. I'd love for them to break their trend though. I think all manufacturers are going to have to start stepping out of the box a bit over the next while to keep sales up. If Canon made an actual "mini 1-series", I think it would be a hit, but I would be shocked if they did it.

May 19, 2017 at 09:45 AM
Methodical
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

ggreene wrote:
... The mk2 just wasn't there.

For some. Mine is perfectly fine and capture very nicely focused images. I know some had there issues.

No updates for me. If it ain't broke...you know the rest

Oh, the 1D3 is perfectly fine, too, after they replaced the mirror box and did whatever else they did. Still have it, too.

May 19, 2017 at 09:53 AM
05xrunner
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

qc_mountain wrote:
If you look back here when it got out and later there was people's with problems my first copy was pre ordered and later bought a second copy it dawned on me that the second copy must have came from the same batch i didn't like them just sold them and moved on with the 5DsR.

Francois

i know about past where people had issues. but the OP seems to be posting that there are all these people complaining the AF system is messed up with firmware 1.1.0 that was released yesterday. thats what i was talking about. i have seen no post about firmware 1.1.0

May 19, 2017 at 10:42 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

Since the OP can't be bothered to post a link, and another member is going off on a tangent:

Type in "eos 7d mark II" then click on "Go"
Click on Product Advisory
Click on Service Advisory ..........

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

May 19, 2017 at 11:04 AM
Clicky94
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

Oh here we go again, the anti 7D2 brigade have woke up again.

There was nothing wrong with the 1.1.1 upgrade providing that your camera had 1.1.0 already installed. If you upgraded an earlier version to 1.1.1 then you will get wi-fi communication problems with a mobile phone. Because of this Canon have withdrawn 1.1.1 and will be releasing a new update soon.

Absolutely NOTHING to with the AF system, which if you have the camera then you will know is very impressive.

May 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

FW 1.1.1 has this problem.....

"Remote shooting with the Camera Connect App is not possible after connecting the EOS 7D Mark II to a smartphone via the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1."

So....if you use the W-E1 in your 7D II, a fixed FW 1.1.1 will be out shortly.

People sure get their panties in a bunch when anything about the 7D II is discussed.

May 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM
garyvot
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

qc_mountain wrote:

Francois

But this has nothing to do with the latest firmware update that has been pulled, which was specifically what @05xrunner was referring to. The question was: where are the reports of problems *with this firmware* release?

May 19, 2017 at 02:02 PM
Mike Jacks0n
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

I wonder how many people were hit with this new problem I've been using the Canon wifi card without an issue (remote shooting as well), with both of the recent updates. The very specific update history needed to reproduce the issue has to be fairly rare.

May 19, 2017 at 04:06 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

This is about a bug in the latest firmware as mentioned above. What does this have to do with the AF issues that plague this camera?? Answer: Nothing

But still the 7D2 is a schizophrenic AF mess, no question about that. But that has nothing to do with this latest bug.

May 19, 2017 at 05:52 PM
Liquidstone
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

Mine is still on FW 1.0.5, and it's working flawlessly in all settings that I use. Won't upgrade the FW, unless the new one will enable extra features.

May 19, 2017 at 06:42 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

What is the difference between the f/m firmware and the regular firmware?
I don't find the issue on the website.

EBH

May 19, 2017 at 07:53 PM
Lan11
[X]
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

For some readers reading comprehension is a big challenge, so they associate reference to the AF problems mentioned in my note with the latest f/m release problems which show that this camera holds a record of the f/m updates. Five fixes under the v.1.0.x designation are continued now under v. 1.1.x.

qc_mountain, I can’t answer your question. I was a happy owner till a routine upgrade to the v.1.0.3 version and very unhappy later, but a new camera owner is delighted.

Liquidstone, upgrading is always about promised improvements, extra features, etc. "Once burned, twice shy."

f/m = f/w = firmware. Just various designations.

May 20, 2017 at 07:38 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon 7D2 f/m update deja vu

EB-1 wrote:
What is the difference between the f/m firmware and the regular firmware?
I don't find the issue on the website.

EBH

The f/m version is a special version only available to FM (Fred Miranda) subscribed members. It turns the 7D2 into everyones' fantasy mini 1DX camera

May 20, 2017 at 07:43 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.