Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

  

Terns by the sea
  
 
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Terns by the sea


I'm always looking for a nice background and when these terns went fishing off Nickerson Beach on Long Island, NY I took full advantage of the beautiful sites. It was an unusually rough day for the Atlantic and the waves added to my fun as I'd wait for a wave to trip the shutter. Jones Beach is in the background and both beaches are actually on barrier islands just south of Long Island.

-1

051417DSC_8751 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

-2

051417DSC_8768 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

-3

051417DSC_8787 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

-4

051417DSC_8793 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

-5

051417DSC_8804 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

-6

051417DSC_8830 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

-7

051417DSC_8855 by Morris Bennett Altman, on Flickr

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris



May 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM
KirkB
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Terns by the sea


Very well done Morris... 3, 5, and 6 are my favorites of the BG waves.

Kirk



May 19, 2017 at 02:03 AM
Warkari
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Terns by the sea



Beautiful birdscapes, Morris

Amit



May 19, 2017 at 03:11 AM
golfnphotog
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Terns by the sea


You share quite a bit from Nickerson - looks like a great place to shoot with good variety.


May 19, 2017 at 04:36 AM
DonGut
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Terns by the sea


Nice waves. Next time get a BG surfer to add some variety!!

Good eye for this.
Don



May 19, 2017 at 05:01 AM
brian_sp
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Terns by the sea


these are fantastic Morris, love the mood the images are setting, the rolling seas and the terns frolicking in the winds, nice job


May 19, 2017 at 07:04 AM
Stephen-Jay
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Terns by the sea


Great job Morris, even with the atmospheric haze. #3 and #5, #6 are my picks.


May 19, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Photoguy 1
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Terns by the sea


Beautiful Morris, As always very well done.
Jim



May 19, 2017 at 04:54 PM
martines34
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Terns by the sea


Beautiful set.

Thanks for sharing.



May 19, 2017 at 08:23 PM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Terns by the sea


Super sweet set Morris! Truly poetic birds in flight, the multiplicity factor of elegance works here quite well.

I liked them all but the last three are my picks!
Karl



May 19, 2017 at 08:43 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



arbitrage
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Terns by the sea


Great shots Morris.

TFS
Geoff



May 19, 2017 at 10:44 PM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Terns by the sea


KirkB wrote:
Very well done Morris... 3, 5, and 6 are my favorites of the BG waves.

Kirk


Thank you Kirk

---------------------------------------------

Warkari wrote:
Beautiful birdscapes, Morris

Amit


thank you Amit,
I almost called the post ternscapes

---------------------------------------------

golfnphotog wrote:
You share quite a bit from Nickerson - looks like a great place to shoot with good variety.


It is great spring, summer and early fall. Actually outstanding

---------------------------------------------

DonGut wrote:
Nice waves. Next time get a BG surfer to add some variety!!

Good eye for this.
Don


Thank you Don,
I have one with a surfer walking out, I don't love it even though he is looking at the terns

---------------------------------------------

brian_sp wrote:
these are fantastic Morris, love the mood the images are setting, the rolling seas and the terns frolicking in the winds, nice job


Thank you Brian,
I'm always looking for something pritty

---------------------------------------------

Stephen-Jay wrote:
Great job Morris, even with the atmospheric haze. #3 and #5, #6 are my picks.


Thank you Stephen,

The haze is beyond the terns and that's why it works so well.

---------------------------------------------

Photoguy 1 wrote:
Beautiful Morris, As always very well done.
Jim


Thank you Jim

---------------------------------------------

martines34 wrote:
Beautiful set.

Thanks for sharing.


It is my pleasure to share,
Thank you Martines

---------------------------------------------

Karl Witt wrote:
Super sweet set Morris! Truly poetic birds in flight, the multiplicity factor of elegance works here quite well.

I liked them all but the last three are my picks!
Karl


Thank you Karl,
The last 3 flow very well

---------------------------------------------

arbitrage wrote:
Great shots Morris.

TFS
Geoff


Thank you Geoff

Morris



May 22, 2017 at 12:00 AM
Lotuselite
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Terns by the sea


Love those birds, very nice shots. The wings of the head on birds make me think that the designers of the
Boeing 787 wing must have been inspired by shots like these, beautiful Morris.



May 22, 2017 at 01:59 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Terns by the sea


Lotuselite wrote:
Love those birds, very nice shots. The wings of the head on birds make me think that the designers of the
Boeing 787 wing must have been inspired by shots like these, beautiful Morris.


Thank you James,

Excelent observation. It amazes me that aircraft designers have not paid more attention to birds

Morris



May 22, 2017 at 11:01 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Terns by the sea


Beautifully done Morris.

Birdie



May 23, 2017 at 01:59 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Terns by the sea


birdied wrote:
Beautifully done Morris.

Birdie


Thank you Roberta

Morris



May 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM
DLeeT
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Terns by the sea


Wonderful series with the sea in the background.


May 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM
MikeMancil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Terns by the sea


Wow, can you imagine being able to fly like that. I think after retirement I'll ask for some wings . Excellent work... Mike


May 23, 2017 at 04:38 PM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Terns by the sea


DLeeT wrote:
Wonderful series with the sea in the background.


Thank you D,
I'm always thrilled when I get a great background like this to work with

---------------------------------------------

MikeMancil wrote:
Wow, can you imagine being able to fly like that. I think after retirement I'll ask for some wings . Excellent work... Mike


Thank you Mike,
Terns are amazing in flight. They are both fast and maneuverable, one of the hardest to track

Morris



May 26, 2017 at 12:49 AM







FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password