Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommend...

Zach-55
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

I need a portable flash (speedlite) set-up, and will invest in two Godox 80x80 and one 60x60 softboxes.

Yongnuo YN-622N-TX Controller would be used.

I just need to decide about flashes and triggers.

I already have one Nikon SB-910 flash, so I need two more flash units and several triggers. What would be the most capable Yongnuo flashes (with HSS capability) available at the moment for Nikon system?

Right now Yongnuo flashes (just what model exactly ) seems to me like a fine solution, but if you have some other flash brand suggestions, please, let me know.

May 17, 2017 at 09:34 PM
Ryukyu
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

Either the YN-568 EX or the YN-685 will work. Both have TTL and HSS. The difference is that The YN-685 has a built-in radio receiver so you wouldn't need a separate trigger if using the YN-622 TX. I have both and they work just fine. If you go that route, I highly recommend Tim Payne over at yongnuousa.net. He's very helpful deciding what you need and will take care of you if something goes wrong. You won't have to deal directly with Yongnuo in China.
Having said that, if I were starting over, I would definitely consider the Godox/CheetahStand/Flashpoint versions of the V860 and their X triggering system. They seem to be more innovative and if you want to expand to more powerful lights later on, they have options that will work together with the speed lights well.

May 18, 2017 at 01:40 AM
ross attix
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

Plus 1 on that. I haven't used all of the units you mentioned, but I have YN triggers and some of the Godox 360's, and the YN stuff is a little flimsy.

Ryukyu wrote:
Having said that, if I were starting over, I would definitely consider the Godox/CheetahStand/Flashpoint versions of the V860 and their X triggering system.

May 18, 2017 at 01:49 AM
Ryukyu
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

Oops! Sorry I just saw that you're in Croatia. I guess I should read more thoroughly before responding. Tim won't be able to help yu because he doesn't sell outside of the U.S. Apologies for that.

May 19, 2017 at 07:14 PM
Zach-55
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

It's fine, thanks anyway, I will see if Godox is available within EU, as Godox really offer more rounded system with more options for expansion of my lighting gear in the future.

Ryukyu wrote:
Oops! Sorry I just saw that you're in Croatia. I guess I should read more thoroughly before responding. Tim won't be able to help yu because he doesn't sell outside of the U.S. Apologies for that.

May 21, 2017 at 12:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

milkod2001
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

Don't know about Yongnuo, never tried one but can recommend: Godox V860 II.

Got it last week, took for a spin. After about 600 images taken most with this speedlight: battery was on 90% or something, it has Lithium-ion battery which seem to last forever. If you need something stronger for softboxes etc. then GODOX AD200 might be worth to look at . I got mine from ebay.ie. They should be able to ship to Croatia. Or find them on Amazon.UK.

May 23, 2017 at 01:21 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

I used Yongnuo flashes for years, but have now switched completely to Godox. Better build quality and the much faster recycle times and battery life with the lithium batteries were the reason

May 23, 2017 at 09:15 PM
my1eye

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

I use the Yongnuo speedlights and triggers mentioned.
I find that a light meter can not be used with the setup even when the flashes are set to manual power output on the 622. Perhaps the yongnuo 622 system uses a ttl-like preflash even for manual power setting ?
Only an issue if you plan to use a light meter.

May 27, 2017 at 01:42 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Yongnuo or other speedlights for Nikon system - recommendations?

Yes, the yn622 performs a preflash. If you used a different trigger system with the flashes you could use a flash meter

May 29, 2017 at 12:46 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password