please, not

heiko

May 19, 2017 at 05:01 PM
heikoM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

MRomine wrote:
What about the wifey, doesn't she get a new camera too?

nope (0:

she likes Nikon, thatīs cheap...

heiko

May 19, 2017 at 05:02 PM
zalmyb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

I just recently switched to Sony. So much of the system drives me nuts, but most of it is software issues which could so easilly be fixed (which drives me even more nuts). I'll hold on for the ride if they seem keen on making it more user friendly, if they don't I may just go back to nikonville, boring as it may seem

May 20, 2017 at 11:25 PM
sold5

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

What is keeping me away from Sony are the skin tones. I just see skin tones that range from wierd to close to being nice but never the pleasing skin tones that Canon and Fuji pop straight out of the camera. If/ when Sony skin tones start to look nicer I will be very interested.

May 21, 2017 at 12:43 AM
sold5

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

What is keeping me away from Sony are the skin tones. I just see skin tones that range from wierd to close to being nice but never the pleasing skin tones that Canon and Fuji pop straight out of the camera. If/ when Sony skin tones start to look nicer I will be very interested.

May 21, 2017 at 12:43 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

I'm not a huge fan of them either. It's possible to wrangle them into line but it's more work than I care for and every other shot needs a different tweak. Of course it's all personal preference as well. Personally I've liked Fuji's and Leica's skin tones and find I need to do very little to get them somewhere I like. I could almost shoot jpegs with the Fuji.

Gordon

May 21, 2017 at 04:42 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

I honestly can't understand what you guys mean about skin tones? Like in .jpg or something?

May 26, 2017 at 04:31 PM
Holger
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

flash wrote:
Does your 5D4 give you all the other benefits of a mirrorless camera?

It's more about he fact that Canikon haven't embraced mirrorless and Sony has now brought put a body that seems to tick most pf the boxes for pro wedding use with a matching set of stellar lenses.

A current silent shutter is only cool until you need a f'ash to fire. We're a generation or so away from a true global shutter.

Gordon

You can use the 5d4 like a mirrorless with DPAF. Works great with touch shutter or touch focus point change. So fast, that the A7rii is not that often used anymore by us. It is too laggy compared to the 5d4. An A9 might change that. But with grip and spares you spend almost 6000Euros. For 2 slots and silent shutter, that's a lot. I don't see the artificial light problem being solved, too (see link provided above). The read noise is very high too, meaning that pushing files at lower ISOs produces a lot of noise. We will try one out for sure but I am not so confident about the price/performance ratio for the things mattering to us, _yet_. Could change after trying one.

May 30, 2017 at 01:16 AM
George Orwell
• •
[X]
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

zalmyb wrote:
I just recently switched to Sony. So much of the system drives me nuts, but most of it is software issues which could so easilly be fixed (which drives me even more nuts). I'll hold on for the ride if they seem keen on making it more user friendly, if they don't I may just go back to nikonville, boring as it may seem

Sony doesnt fix software.

Jun 04, 2017 at 07:43 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Just when I had put Sony out of my mind

George Orwell wrote:
Sony doesnt fix software.

They're slower but the have done firmware upgrades in the past. Uncompressed raw capture was the notable one.

Gordon

Jun 04, 2017 at 05:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.