1       2       3              16      
       end

Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

cams884
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.17 #1 · p.17 #1 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

akclimber wrote:
Yes, a bit. I don't recall if it was this thread or someplace else but there was a link to a couple starry night raws, at least one shot wide open at 16mm. It looked very good to me. I'm encouraged and hopeful...

Good to hear! That would probably tip it over the line for me.

May 24, 2017 at 03:01 AM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.17 #2 · p.17 #2 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

I do know that Colby Brown mentioned it was great for shooting stars and nightscapes... FWIW.

May 24, 2017 at 03:59 AM
akclimber
• • • •
p.17 #3 · p.17 #3 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

cams884 wrote:
Good to hear! That would probably tip it over the line for me.

Me too. I'm gonna wait and see but if it really performs as good as the raws I saw I'm in.

May 24, 2017 at 06:02 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.17 #4 · p.17 #4 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

Bespoked wrote:
'Zeiss gear delivers a unique image which Sigma, Tamron nor Tokina can create'

Bold statement.

Bold, but true nonetheless.

May 26, 2017 at 02:30 PM
Bespoked
• • •
p.17 #5 · p.17 #5 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

molson wrote:
Bold, but true nonetheless.

It's an opinion, in my opinion, not a statistically proven fact.

May 28, 2017 at 12:25 AM
chez
• • • • • •
p.17 #6 · p.17 #6 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

Bespoked wrote:

Exactly, just like bokeh and drawing styles...can't statistically categorize these features, but they are present none the less, very much like micro contrast and colours.

May 28, 2017 at 01:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bespoked
• • •
p.17 #7 · p.17 #7 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

Still, an opinion.

It's like saying Canon make the best cameras because there are some obscure, immeasurable characteristics that a few people can see.

May 28, 2017 at 09:26 AM
chez
• • • • • •
p.17 #8 · p.17 #8 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

Bespoked wrote:
Still, an opinion.

It's like saying Canon make the best cameras because there are some obscure, immeasurable characteristics that a few people can see.

Well since you brought it up...yes many people shoot Canon because they like the ergonomics of their system better than Sony and Nikon. In fact opinions as you call them are much stronger than statistically measurable values. When you look at an image do you extract some statistical values from that image and decide by analyzing these values if you like the image or not...or do you rely on your emotions when viewing the image to tell you what you like about it.

Yes opinions do exist and are very valid.

That's my final opinion on this topic.

May 28, 2017 at 11:43 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.17 #9 · p.17 #9 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

Bespoked wrote:

The majority of the people that own them share that opinion, which is a measureable statistic.

Sony must also share that opinion, since they went to a lot of expense to use Zeiss lenses in their product lines...

May 28, 2017 at 01:07 PM
Bespoked
• • •
p.17 #10 · p.17 #10 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

molson wrote:
The majority of the people that own them share that opinion, which is a measureable statistic.

Sony must also share that opinion, since they went to a lot of expense to use Zeiss lenses in their product lines...

Many people share the opinion that German cars are the most reliable products of their type, but, since I also work in automotive and have for decades and I deal with statistics, the data clearly (and has shown consistently since the early 80's) that it is a myth,
here is one credible report.

Opinions, wives tales, trust/reputation built in a brand or product of a certain origin that is no longer relevant and great marketing aren't hard facts.

I'm an extremely disloyal consumer and I research each and every product I buy far too well to enjoy it sometimes, so I'm separated from passionate purchases (most of the time), I could be wrong but the data I see supports my opinion.

May 28, 2017 at 11:15 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.17 #11 · p.17 #11 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

Bespoked wrote:
I'm an extremely disloyal consumer and I research each and every product I buy far too well to enjoy it sometimes, so I'm separated from passionate purchases (most of the time), I could be wrong but the data I see supports my opinion.

Or, as the saying goes, some can't see the forest for the trees...

Maybe you should stop spending so much time trying to analyse other people's data, and go out and take some photos of your own.

May 29, 2017 at 04:22 AM
chez
• • • • • •
p.17 #12 · p.17 #12 · Pre-order Now! Sony FE 16-35/2.8 GM and FE 12-24/4 G

Bespoked wrote:
Many people share the opinion that German cars are the most reliable products of their type, but, since I also work in automotive and have for decades and I deal with statistics, the data clearly (and has shown consistently since the early 80's) that it is a myth,
here is one credible report.

Opinions, wives tales, trust/reputation built in a brand or product of a certain origin that is no longer relevant and great marketing aren't hard facts.

I'm an extremely disloyal consumer and I research each and every product I buy far too well to enjoy it sometimes, so I'm separated
...Show more

Please show us this data which supports Sigma, Tamron and say Tokina lenses produce the same image characteristics as Zeiss lenses. The images ( note I look at images and not graphs ) that I see and take do not support this claim.

May 29, 2017 at 04:41 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password