New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · GFX lens adapting woes

molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · GFX lens adapting woes

I have a few Mamiya 645 lenses, including the A 120mm f4 and A 150mm f2.8, but the 120 macro is the only one I've used much yet (and it's very sharp). I've been too busy to do any real testing yet - having too much fun with the GF 23m f4.

Nov 01, 2017 at 07:02 PM
sputnik
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · GFX lens adapting woes

RyanFlynn wrote:
I've been using my GFX only with adapted lenses, and it's been great. That said, I don't really use it for landscapes, as I primarily shoot people-oriented images, and typically at wider apertures. I've mostly been using the Nikon 58/1.4 and 85/1.4, as well as the Sigma 35 Art (which works well at portrait-ish distances ... at landscape/infinity distances and apertures, the corners still have quite a bit of vignetting and are pretty soft/smeared.)

FWIW, I don't think the Leica 75 Lux will work well. Someone in the GFX facebook group posted some from it - IIRC it was really only
...Show more

Ryan, any examples with the 58? How do you find focusing it properly? I have the Fotodiox adapter coming and am really curious on the 58.

Nov 07, 2017 at 12:27 PM
MAubrey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · GFX lens adapting woes

It probably wouldn't work for 645 lenses, but certainly for 6x6 and up, someone could presumably create a speedbooster for them and still get full image circle coverage. The Hasselblad/Zeiss 40mm Distagon, for example, would function as a 28mm on a GFX (=22mm on 35mm).

Just a thought. It seems like a nice way to make MF lenses even more useful while also solving any potential micro lens issue.

Nov 07, 2017 at 06:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.