Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Hourly rate for Corporate event photography?

pjny
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hourly rate for Corporate event photography?

Hi,

I was asked by event coordinator of a large clothing company in New York City about my hourly rate to cover events and town halls. He saw me at another event and loved the event work on my site.

He asked for my hourly rate for events lasting 2-6 hours. What pricing structure do you charge and is there a minimum amount of hours you bill for? Should I counter by first asking them what their budget is?

Do you have different rates for the first couple of hours in case the event is only 2 hours?

What is your post-processing fee per hour?

Do you charge separately for national/international usage?

Do you charge differently for different events or charge a flat fee for every event?

Some have more degree of difficulty such as a corporate headshot session so I am careful to just name one price.

What kind of words do you use not to lock yourself into that rate?

I have 20 years experience in the news business as an employee and I am transitioning to more corporate work. I also specialize in portraiture and own my own lighting equipment. I find it refreshing to do event work as it is a nice change from the news business.

Thanks.

May 15, 2017 at 01:00 PM
tcphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hourly rate for Corporate event photography?

I would certainly ask how the images are to be used. Odds are it's only internal but I'd have those details set and paperwork in order before showing up. I did Music Industry grip and grin when I first started out and that was $150 an hour but that was th film days.

May 15, 2017 at 04:23 PM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hourly rate for Corporate event photography?

Price per hour plus setup and tear down fees the price per imiage depending on usage give them several examples depending on usage also ask if they would like to have you on a retainer

May 15, 2017 at 11:48 PM