Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Tech-Tools | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · FS: [BIG $$$ DROP] 2011 15" Macbook Pro 3TB(!!!) 16GB RAM - Mobile ...

G. Thomas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: [BIG $$$ DROP] 2011 15" Macbook Pro 3TB(!!!) 16GB RAM - Mobile Workstation!

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   2011 Macbook Pro 2TB + 1TB HD/SSD, 16GB RAM,

Available

Price: $825.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks

$825 USD OBO.

I have mid-2011 Macbook Pro for sale. I'm moving to PC/windows and looking for something lighter. No trades, unless it's an i7 Dell XPS 13.

That's right! 3TB of hard disk space. There's a 1TB Crucial SSD and regular 2TB normal hard drive using the DVD's port. Therefore, there's no CD/DVD player so don't try to stick any disks into it!

I upgraded to 16GB of RAM from Crucial. The screen is the "hi-res" 1680x1050 matte 15 inch screen. It chews on 5D2 files pretty well. There are a few marks and minor scratches. No dents, water damage, or major scratches. I haven't actually examined the screen for dead pixels, but honestly, what could you do about it? I can confirm most of the ports work. I don't have any FireWire devices to test that one, but everything else is great. This would make a great mobile workstation and a pretty good desktop.

I'll wipe it clean with a fresh install of OS X.

I'll also throw in neoprene sleeve, and three chargers.

What you get:

Macbook Pro (Early 2011)
Quad-core i7 2.2 GHz
16GB RAM from Crucial
1TB Crucial SSD
2TB Seagate hybrid non-SSD (8GB SSD as a buffer)
***No CD/DVD drive. If you need to, use an external drive
15 inch 1680x1050 matte LCD
2x USB 2.0 Ports
1x Thunderbolt 1 Port
1x Firewire 800 Port. I assume it works, but no way for me to test.
1x Ethernet Port
1x SD card slot (works, but slower than most external card readers)
1x Neoprene sleeve
3x Wall chargers, with 3-prong cords. I'll look for the 2 prong doo-dads.

Price includes Paypal and shipping to lower 48 in the US. For anything else, I'll consider it mainly based on where you are and how much shipping you'll cover. If it arrives DOA, or not as described, I'll accept returns up to 2 weeks. You get your refund when I get my laptop back. It's your problem if you have buyer's remorse!

Edited on May 30, 2017 at 12:41 PM · View previous versions

May 15, 2017 at 12:38 PM
G. Thomas
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: [BIG $$$ DROP] 2011 15" Macbook Pro 3TB(!!!) 16GB RAM - Mobile Workstation!

I had thought about adding an external GPU for casual gaming and more external monitors and found this. Good for anyone interesting in gaming, and maybe some kind of video or graphics work. I wouldn't know, since I only do stills.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/tips/MBP_ThunderBoltVideoCard.htm

May 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Tech-Tools | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.