FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

tntcorp
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

it's all about convenience and the ability to share the moment instantly;especially in this day and age of social media.

press a button, grab the pic, add a filter for the fx, post & share. done!

these images are being viewed on small phone screens and not being printed for wall hangers or fancy albums.

the goal is to share the moment instantaneously. these folks aren't concerned with color fidelity, resolution, composition, lighting, etc..., the variables which true photogs pay attention to.

it boggles the mind when a blurred image received more likes than a sharp well-composed and properly exposed pic. :-)

May 16, 2017 at 02:22 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

tntcorp wrote:
it boggles the mind when a blurred image received more likes than a sharp well-composed and properly exposed pic. :-)

..... wait ...did we get the emotion of the moment in the sharp, well composed and properly exposed image?

May 16, 2017 at 02:38 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

> it boggles the mind when a blurred image received more likes than a sharp well-composed and properly exposed pic. :-)

"stunning"

May 16, 2017 at 02:49 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

New challenge for wedding photographers — to constantly be on the hunt to capture that one fleeting moment where individual members of a bride's inner circle don't have an Apple logo up to their face. It will happen at least one during the day. Your mission (cue the music) is the be ready for it.

(in my mind) "wait, there it is, she's going to put it down now and enjoy the wedding ... here it comes ... wait ... what? ... no ... oh, ok"

May 16, 2017 at 03:00 PM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

And not to be too cynical, but what happens to these photos? Do you ever go on your clients Instagram tags for their weddings? 6 photos, maybe 10. Versus a thousand or more clicks.

Everyone's taking photos, but nobody's looking at them.

May 16, 2017 at 03:04 PM
tntcorp
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

Ziffl3 wrote:
..... wait ...did we get the emotion of the moment in the sharp, well composed and properly exposed image?

...yes... but by the time the pic is delivered, the moment is long gone... :-)

May 16, 2017 at 04:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tntcorp
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

LeeSimms wrote:
And not to be too cynical, but what happens to these photos? Do you ever go on your clients Instagram tags for their weddings? 6 photos, maybe 10. Versus a thousand or more clicks.

Everyone's taking photos, but nobody's looking at them.

but imagine the increase in exposure if you can get the guests to tag your website in their posts... :-)

May 16, 2017 at 04:17 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

LeeSimms wrote:
(in my mind) "wait, there it is, she's going to put it down now and enjoy the wedding ... here it comes ... wait ... what? ... no ... oh, ok"

"You don't know where you're going
you don't know where you've been
but you've taken lots of pictures
and missed what you should have seen"

May 16, 2017 at 06:34 PM
glort
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

tntcorp wrote:
the goal is to share the moment instantaneously.

Exactly!

And when that moment is gone, and so is the phone through being lost or broken, it's really gone for ever not to be ever be enjoyed again.

Can't count how many people have told me about wonderful pictures they of got of kids birthdays or holidays or whatever else that they no longer have because the Phone fell in the river or ocean or was lost or just died and nothing could be saved.

All these moments captured but so few of them saved to be relived.

These images are being viewed on small phone screens and not being printed for wall hangers or fancy albums.

...... or being shared, shown, relived or remembered in the future as was once the very reason one took a picture rather than to try and garner the most likes possible on Social Media.

In this aspect I think a lot of people have/ are forgetting the biggest reason to take a picture at all.
I often wonder if people will wake up to the fact that while they have been so busy snapping pictures at every opportunity, they haven't got a single thing of the significant , fun and important times in their lives from even 5 years back let alone beyond?

Having a Pic on social media to me is not a valid saving of said pic. First of all they are low res and virtually useless as far as doing anything other than viewing them on a screen and 2ndly accounts and pictures disappear all the time or can even be accidentally or purposefully deleted.

May 16, 2017 at 10:32 PM
glort
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

Mark_L wrote:
"You don't know where you're going
you don't know where you've been
but you've taken lots of pictures
and missed what you should have seen"

Every time I see a live music vid I groan at the number of people holding Phones up making unwatchable Clips in the ultimate irony of not really enjoying what they have paid a lot to be there for nor producing something they will or even can watch and enjoy later.

I couldn't go to a concert any more. I'd be evicted and arrested for ramming the phone up the arse of anyone in front of me holding it up and ruining what view I had. You just know if they are going to be inconsiderate and self centred enough to do it in the first place, they are not going to have the respect to stop spoiling your enjoyment when asked to desist and with me that's not going to end well.

I wonder if people realise how stupid they look standing there in a sea of others all holding up their phones recording garbage like sheeple that the great majority will never watch once they have recorded it?
Reminds me of my younger days when you'd go to a concert at the cricket ground or somewhere similarly Sized and all these people would be trying to take flash pictures with a Fixed Focal length compact camera of the band that was about 200M away from them.
At least the flashes looked good from the other side of the arena all going off and added to the presence of the event. I always wondered though how all these people could not get their Pictures back and see that dot in the picture that was the band and not work out it was a waste of time? They couldn't have because there could never be that many people taking pics that had never done it before at each and every concert.

When I see people holding up phones at weddings in Church I really shake my head especially when there is a professional video being made. If you are not close enough to the couple to get a copy of the Vid, you are not close enough to really have any desire to capture and watch it in the first place.
Sitting half way down the church or further back recording proceedings on a phone is just going to get more people holding up phones in front of you and not yield anything you'll bother watching again.... especially when viewed on that pissy phone screen they will only ever replay it on to start with.

Aside from that, have a bit of respect for the house you are in and act accordingly.
I'm not a faithful person but Sheesh! Least I was brought up with better values and consideration than to disrespect a house of worship like that.
If I was the Priest or officiant where people did this I would be throwing people out or at least giving them a damn good lecture on manners and maturity.

Then again, when you can't even get people these days to dress any better than they would for a back Yard BBQ when going to these significant social occasions, I guess I'm asking for an awful lot with anything else.

May 16, 2017 at 11:10 PM
tntcorp
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Sign of the ( Photographic) times.

1) archival is not of importance to people who are using cell phones for instantaneous postings.

2) and their default backup methods are common cloud storages such as icloud, one-drive, or the google-equivalent.

if we can recognize the changing landscapes, then we can retool our marketing approaches and keep up with the changes. :-)

May 17, 2017 at 04:13 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password