New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Popular Photography is no more!

EA6B
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Popular Photography is no more!

Not surprised.

Received a Popular Science today, which is odd as I don't subscribe to it. Turns out it's in place of Popular Photography which is no more. I'm sending the card back canceling Popular Science.

Oh well.

E

May 12, 2017 at 12:57 AM
glort
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Popular Photography is no more!

Perhaps they should have renamed the Magazine "Popular Phones" ?
Might have ensured it's longevity.

I Don't know how any printed mags survive these days. Most people have their heads buried in a phone reading online and those that don't like me have their heads buried in a computer screen.

I used to buy like 6 magazines a month and the newsagent was far and away the most frequented store I visited. Haven't bought a magazine in as long as I can remember now. Last time I went to a news agent to buy Christmas cards I noted how small the magazine section had got. Used to be 4 Long aisles chocked full of different publications, not it's 2 very short rows, maybe half of 1 of the other aisles and the mags on it were sparse and few in number or amount of copies.

I remember a time when the paper to print mags on was in such high demand it was hard to get and expensive. I bet there is no shortage of it now. Bet there has been plenty of printing press and equipment sold off for scrap as well.

May 12, 2017 at 01:24 AM
Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Popular Photography is no more!

It that the printed version or the both it and the digital I been using digital for years.

May 12, 2017 at 02:29 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Popular Photography is no more!

Posted quite a while ago:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1479233

May 12, 2017 at 03:29 AM
jforkner
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Popular Photography is no more!

http://www.popphoto.com/

May 13, 2017 at 12:24 PM
Charlie San
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Popular Photography is no more!

Got an offer from Amazon prime last week for up to 200 online magazines each month for something like 14-15 dollars each month, perhaps like Netflix. Pop Photography was one of them so one less. Myself, not so sad about the demise, it had become a quick read and I spend more time on line reading anyway.

May 13, 2017 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password