Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · HS Girls Playoff Soccer

mikekeating
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Girls Playoff Soccer

Hello All,
Well we started the playoff march last night for our HS Girls Soccer team. We in North Carolina like to do things different so we have girls soccer in the Spring while it is a fall sport in 44 other states in the US. Anyway, The Reynolds Rockets welcomed the Sun Valley Spartans. A very tough draw for a first round game. Sun Valley comes from the strongest conference in NC for girls soccer. Play was physical (2 red cards and 3 more yellow-all by Sun Valley), and their plan was apparently just to hurt players. In the second half the coach just put his swing players on the field to protect his starters. In the end, Reynolds wins 3-0.

Here are some pictures from the action

1. Pali Smith works the sideline in the first half

2. All everything defender Katie Kearns launches a missile into the net for a goal

3. Celebrations all around

4. The team pics a player of the game, I made this simple poster for her she is a swing player and amazingly hard worker. Incorporated the playoff bracket in the background

May 11, 2017 at 07:19 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Girls Playoff Soccer

Well done Mike

May 11, 2017 at 07:45 AM
pmartin4665
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Girls Playoff Soccer

Great photos! We also have HS Spring soccer (IL) vs. the rest of the USA. I'm fortunate that IL has five teams in the MaxPreps Top 25 Girls Soccer and recently shot three of the five teams [St. Charles North (6), Naperville North (21) Gurnee-Warren (25)]. My photographs appear in the MaxPreps video at 0:50 in ( http://www.maxpreps.com/video/watch.aspx?gendersport=girls,soccer&videoid=bebbc441-41be-4d4c-aa20-bf8205231b3c ). I really like your idea of the playoff bracket as the background!

Any chance you shot matches involving: Wakefield (1), Leesville Road (4), Hoggard (9), Green Hope (12), Weddington (14) or Millbrook (19)?

Its great to see soccer commanding a presence in the area, especially with the new North Carolina FC - some great matches so far!!!

May 11, 2017 at 12:31 PM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Girls Playoff Soccer

Interesting you bring up Weddington, we might be playing them next week in the playoffs. They are ranked 1st and we are ranked 4th . . .could be good. Sun Valley is actually in Weddington's conference. the rest of the teams you mentioned are 4A schools and we are 3A. All of those schools mentioned are in the ECNL areas, we are not. It is always interesting watching the clashes.

I like your photos in the video, looks like it is some fun soccer to shoot.

Thanks for the compliment on the poster.

We also just got the Asheville City Soccer Club, their first game was on Saturday. Hoping to catch their next game.

May 11, 2017 at 01:20 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.