Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

So what is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?
I like ones that are close body types that don't swing and bump around but still looking
Thanks

May 10, 2017 at 01:06 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

Normally I would use a CarrySpeed FS-2 with the heavier setup on it and a 'normal' strap - Canon or Domke Gripper on the lighter. Also I would have a holster into which the lighter setup could be dropped and kept out of the way when necessary.

May 10, 2017 at 01:22 AM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

Paul Mo wrote:
Normally I would use a CarrySpeed FS-2 with the heavier setup on it and a 'normal' strap - Canon or Domke Gripper on the lighter. Also I would have a holster into which the lighter setup could be dropped and kept out of the way when necessary.

Sounds like you really worked out a great system, I'll look into it for sure. thanks!

May 10, 2017 at 01:58 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

I pretty much only carry one body on a strap.

these are the 2 setups I have been using

1 Magpul. this fits the newer RRS plates for models like the D500, D5, 70-200/2.8 and adding on.
2 combined Luma Labs strap and CustomSLR base mount.

both are relative easy on easy off with a high level of demonstrated secure attachment.

the straps themselves allow for considerable adjustment* and quick snugging up to reduce/defeat swing.

*unlike some who think its summer everywhere (short build straps that really don't go over coats in rather cold climates) and grab handles that really serve no purpose.

NIKON D500    16.0-80.0 mm f/2.8-4.0 lens    26mm    f/5.0    1/2s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on May 10, 2017 at 02:19 PM · View previous versions

May 10, 2017 at 01:59 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

I often shoot with two cameras, sometimes three. I have three 1 1/2" Domke Gripper straps.

I use 1" Grippers on my small cameras; SL1, X-E2, and M5.

May 10, 2017 at 02:09 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

I'm with jcolwell. The Domke Gripper straps are excellent. When I was shooting full-time I had one camera around my neck and one on my right shoulder. The third was in my Domke F2 bag on my left shoulder.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

May 10, 2017 at 04:37 PM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

The 1 1/2" Domke Gripper strap looks very promising and simple and not over priced
Thanks

5277_1 by Daniel Danrich, on Flickr

May 10, 2017 at 11:49 PM
jiannazzone

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

I have tried way too many straps and have a box full of failed experiments. I'll cast a third vote for the Domke straps. However, I did not like the metal quick release hardware and had that removed and the strap resewn by a shoemaker. (The 1" straps are available with and without the QR option; the 1-1/2" strap is available only with the QR).

May 12, 2017 at 01:18 AM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

jiannazzone wrote:
I have tried way too many straps and have a box full of failed experiments. I'll cast a third vote for the Domke straps. However, I did not like the metal quick release hardware and had that removed and the strap resewn by a shoemaker. (The 1" straps are available with and without the QR option; the 1-1/2" strap is available only with the QR).

What was the issue with the QR for you?

May 12, 2017 at 01:31 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

jiannazzone wrote:
I have tried way too many straps and have a box full of failed experiments. I'll cast a third vote for the Domke straps. However, I did not like the metal quick release hardware and had that removed and the strap resewn by a shoemaker...

I modify my Domke Gripper straps, too. I cut off the metal quick release hardware, reverse the strap and secure it to a half ring at each end of the central strap-pad, attach split rings to the other ends of the straps (where the QR used to be), add a 400lb-test swivel (for tuna fishing), and a small screw-gate gear carabiner. I have short webbing loops on the camera strap lugs that the carabiners attach to, and easily remove from.

jcolwell 2017

Foreground: modified strap; Background: original strap

jcolwell 2017

Close-up of modified strap

jcolwell 2017

Strap carabiner on camera webbing loop

jcolwell 2017

A normal load on the modified strap

May 12, 2017 at 01:51 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

jcolwell wrote:
I modify my Domke Gripper straps, too. I cut off the metal quick release hardware, reverse the strap and secure it to a half ring at each end of the central strap-pad, attach split rings to the other ends of the straps (where the QR used to be), add a 400lb-test swivel (for tuna fishing), and a small screw-gate gear carabiner. I have short webbing loops on the camera strap lugs that the carabiners attach to, and easily remove from.

Nice set-up

May 12, 2017 at 01:54 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

For a single I use a vulture strap for dual body use I use a black rapid dual strap knockoff from eBay iirc.

May 12, 2017 at 02:15 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

Domke gripper straps are great; I use either those or similar Think Tank camera straps on individual bodies. When I need to carry and use two bodies at the same time, I use a Black Rapid Yeti dual strap system. It's a single shoulder pad with two straps. One camera goes across the body to the right while hung from the shoulder pad on the left shoulder; the other body hangs from the shoulder pad down the left side of the body. If you need to remove that camera from the Yeti, it can easily be removed from the shoulder pad and re-clipped to itself, resulting in a normal neck strap.

May 12, 2017 at 10:52 PM
1KIND
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

Peak Design Slide - http://www.1kindphotography.com/2014/09/review-peak-design-slide-camera-sling-strap.html

May 17, 2017 at 01:23 AM
lindsaywood199

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

Mine is BlackRapid Sport,The most comfortable sensibly priced strap ive tested.

May 18, 2017 at 01:18 PM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

1KIND wrote:
Peak Design Slide - http://www.1kindphotography.com/2014/09/review-peak-design-slide-camera-sling-strap.html

I got to say the Peak really looks great

May 18, 2017 at 11:45 PM
1KIND
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

PrecisionPhoto wrote:
I got to say the Peak really looks great

Of all the straps I reviewed, Custom SLR and Peak Design are the most comfortable. CSLR has a setup similar to Blackrapid. The mount spins and not the D-ring like BR and no sound of metal banging.

Peak Design has multiple ways of connecting and easy to disconnect. The anchor links is also multipurpose whether it's for camera gear or keys.

May 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

do not equate the two (CSLR and BR) at all. yes they spin but the, as I have said before, the devil is in the details. the CSLR is a superior mechanical design where the BR is mostly off the shelf components with a base unit that just gets in the way.

cute as the PD seams to be. it is limited in some ways and has parts that in reality do little to nothing in functionality

May 19, 2017 at 01:23 PM
ross attix
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

To jcolwell-The carabiners shown have become hard if not impossible to find. Is this old stock, or do you have a source?

They used to be all over at REI, LL Bean, etc., but the only ones I can find for the past couple years are much bulkier (gauge thicker) and they don't work as well as the thinner ones shown.

May 19, 2017 at 02:49 PM
kozmo30

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · What is your favorite camera strap for one and two cameras?

The Crumpler Industry Disgrace has been my favorite for years, not sure if it's still available though.

May 19, 2017 at 03:02 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password