Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Capture One Pro Guru's... PS/LR Preset Equivalents?

T_Gordon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Capture One Pro Guru's... PS/LR Preset Equivalents?

I've read many blogs, threads on here and various places, and watched youtube video's but haven't really heard anyone talk directly about presets other than you can save your own. Does anyone know if there's a way to convert photoshop or lightroom presets (like VSCO/Mastin Labs) to use with Capture One?

May 09, 2017 at 02:01 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Capture One Pro Guru's... PS/LR Preset Equivalents?

What are you trying to accomplish? There's no direct correlation between the two programs and I don't think there is any real way to convert presets from one program to the other. Even if you could they wouldn't be the same as you're coming from a very different starting point. Really, the best thing is to learn the tool in C1, which are generally much more powerful (especially the Advanced Color) than Lr/ACR and arrive at your own, custom to you starting point.

May 09, 2017 at 02:49 PM
T_Gordon
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Capture One Pro Guru's... PS/LR Preset Equivalents?

Peter Figen wrote:
What are you trying to accomplish? There's no direct correlation between the two programs and I don't think there is any real way to convert presets from one program to the other. Even if you could they wouldn't be the same as you're coming from a very different starting point. Really, the best thing is to learn the tool in C1, which are generally much more powerful (especially the Advanced Color) than Lr/ACR and arrive at your own, custom to you starting point.

Both programs definitely run different algorithms for processing so I'm sure you're right they wouldn't be the same or likely anywhere near it. I wanted to use them as a starting point for some film like looks since I haven't found anything like that for Capture One yet. I don't use them often but come in handy for a particular look I'm going for.

May 09, 2017 at 03:44 PM
philber
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Capture One Pro Guru's... PS/LR Preset Equivalents?

If I understand you correctly, this could be the answer you're looking for.
Capture One film looks

May 09, 2017 at 04:08 PM
T_Gordon
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Capture One Pro Guru's... PS/LR Preset Equivalents?

philber wrote:
If I understand you correctly, this could be the answer you're looking for.
Capture One film looks

Yes something like that. Thanks!!

May 09, 2017 at 04:19 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.