Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

  

Noise control software
  
 
bs kite
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Noise control software


What do you think is the best software for removing noise?

Thank you :



May 09, 2017 at 06:28 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Noise control software


bs kite wrote:
What do you think is the best software for removing noise?

Thank you :


Best I think that is a very subjective question. I have tried many over the years. All had pluses and minuses for my applications. I finally settled on Nik Dfine and it has its + and - also.

Try the free trials then decide.
Good Luck!
Dan




May 14, 2017 at 01:41 PM
howardm4
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Noise control software


Dfine or Noiseware mostly, Topaz sometimes.


May 14, 2017 at 08:39 PM
bs kite
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Noise control software


Thank you.

And I already have Dfine. So I guess I have to learn how to use it because I just run it on Auto and do not understand all the settings. Maybe this is why I am not satisfied with results from it thus far.

Robert



May 15, 2017 at 02:19 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Noise control software


bs kite wrote:
Thank you.

And I already have Dfine. So I guess I have to learn how to use it because I just run it on Auto and do not understand all the settings. Maybe this is why I am not satisfied with results from it thus far.

Robert


I use the "Measure" then if there are parts that require addtl nr, I use the brush.
Dan



May 15, 2017 at 12:19 PM
bs kite
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Noise control software


Thank you Dan.


May 16, 2017 at 12:20 AM
jmishefske
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Noise control software


DXO Optics Pro (elite) has the PRIME noise reduction. Best I've found for maintaining detail and removing noise. I've used LR, PS and Dfine.


May 18, 2017 at 01:38 AM
robgo2
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Noise control software


jmishefske wrote:
DXO Optics Pro (elite) has the PRIME noise reduction. Best I've found for maintaining detail and removing noise. I've used LR, PS and Dfine.


I have used and tested many NR programs over the years, and nothing can match DxO's Prime NR engine for producing clean images with retention of detail and contrast. Prime works only on raw files, which is not a bad thing, as I find DxO Optics Pro 11 to be a fairly good raw convertor, even though it is not my first choice. So, for images with moderate to high levels of noise, I do not hesitate to convert them in DOP with Prime.

Rob



May 19, 2017 at 04:57 PM







FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password