[/IMG

]

Edited on May 09, 2017 at 12:38 AM · View previous versions

May 08, 2017 at 10:35 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some B&W Healthcare

Really nice, Allen. It's clear that your images represent the vibe of an organization. Great job!

May 08, 2017 at 11:02 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some B&W Healthcare

Agreed.

May 08, 2017 at 11:10 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some B&W Healthcare

Me too!

May 09, 2017 at 05:26 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some B&W Healthcare

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

May 09, 2017 at 09:12 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some B&W Healthcare

Here's an example of selecting the right tool for the job. Allen photographed all of these the Leica Monochrom (correct me if I'm wrong). It is small, quiet and unassuming, perfectly suited to this PJ approach to staff photography.

Based on my experience, he would have gotten different looking photos if shot with a DSLR, even if shot available light. The Leica is much less intimidating.

I think viewers of the promotional pieces where these will be used will feel a closer connection to the staff because of the selection of the shooting style and methods.

Edited on May 09, 2017 at 01:57 PM · View previous versions

May 09, 2017 at 12:46 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Some B&W Healthcare

Thanks and yes the only one that wasn't with an MM was the very first one. I totally agree with everything that you just said.

May 09, 2017 at 01:53 PM
Reditkind

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Some B&W Healthcare

Great job! I appreciate that you are one of the few people that make the medicine domain better and the doctor's job more pleasurable for them. I like that nowadays there are many new technologies and software that make the work of doctors easier. For example, one of the best software is online case management. This is software that helped a lot of the doctors to work during the quarantine. The software helped doctors to make online consultations more productive. This is great because even people afraid to visit the medical point could have a qualitative online visit to the doctor.

Edited on Jun 09, 2021 at 06:10 AM · View previous versions

Jun 07, 2021 at 06:55 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Some B&W Healthcare

It's interesting that a new member looked this up and commented on it.

I still agree with what I said 3 years ago, but since then I've discovered what I think is a viable alternative to the Leica and that is Fuji cameras, especially the X-Pro or even the X-E.

Like the Leica, it is small and unobtrusive. Unlike the Leica, it can create wonderful B&W JPEGs in camera using the Acros film simulation that can be used SOOC.

Of course there are numerous attributes to the Leica that in a professional environment would make it a preferred platform, but for us duffers the Fuji offers a lot for a fraction of the price.

I've been shooting with Leicas since 1968 and seriously looked at going to a Leica digital. I could afford it, but couldn't justify it. Luckily I discovered Fuji and have been quite pleased with the results I'm getting.

Still, the main point is what a great job Allen did with these images and how choosing the right tool for the job helped him capture them.

Jun 07, 2021 at 08:08 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Some B&W Healthcare

dmacmillan wrote:
It's interesting that a new member looked this up and commented on it.

I still agree with what I said 3 years ago, but since then I've discovered what I think is a viable alternative to the Leica and that is Fuji cameras, especially the X-Pro or even the X-E.

Like the Leica, it is small and unobtrusive. Unlike the Leica, it can create wonderful B&W JPEGs in camera using the Acros film simulation that can be used SOOC.

Of course there are numerous attributes to the Leica that in a professional environment would make it a preferred platform, but for us
...Show more

Thanks so much and yeah a revived old thread. COOL. I have shot some with Fuji just never really like the experience. Probably going to pick up an M 10 Mono sometimes this year. Never liked those presets myself. If I wanted my digital work to look like film, I'd shoot film. Great to have all of these choices out there though.

Edited on Jun 07, 2021 at 01:10 PM · View previous versions

Jun 07, 2021 at 08:29 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Some B&W Healthcare

Reditkind wrote:
Great job!

Thank You.

Jun 07, 2021 at 08:34 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Some B&W Healthcare

Just tack sharp and tonality is perfect Allen!
Well done Marine!
Semper Fi!
RD

Jun 07, 2021 at 08:55 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Some B&W Healthcare

Thanks Dan,
S/F

Jun 07, 2021 at 09:02 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.