New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Dust...or?

imxkal
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dust...or?

Hello All,

After selling all my Nikon gear, I moved back onto m43 system.
I recently purchased a G85 kit and noticed when I put on the 12-60mm kit lens, I see this odd dust? particle when I stop down the aperture.
It only happens when using the 12-60mm lens and its always there.
If any one have experience with something like this?

Thanks in advance!

Dust

May 09, 2017 at 03:12 AM
DanC.Licks
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dust...or?

Looks like it is on the glass plate right in front of the sensor. Small blower or a very fine (and clean!) brush should remove it. Is it on every picture? You should be able to see it with the lens off.

May 09, 2017 at 06:35 AM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dust...or?

Very odd that its only there when using that lens!

May 09, 2017 at 10:16 AM
imxkal
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dust...or?

DanC.Licks wrote:
Looks like it is on the glass plate right in front of the sensor. Small blower or a very fine (and clean!) brush should remove it. Is it on every picture? You should be able to see it with the lens off.

It's in every picture I take with the 12-60mm lens. I tried to use a small blower but it doesn't seem to help.

pr4photos wrote:
Very odd that its only there when using that lens!

Indeed...its the only lens zoom lens I have too

May 09, 2017 at 03:04 PM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dust...or?

It has to be on the sensor glass to be that sharp, surely. Get a magnifying glass and shine a light on the sensor and have a look

May 09, 2017 at 04:25 PM
imxkal
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dust...or?

pr4photos wrote:
It has to be on the sensor glass to be that sharp, surely. Get a magnifying glass and shine a light on the sensor and have a look

Yup, it's on the sensor. I already sent it back to B&H

May 09, 2017 at 05:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dust...or?

May have been a scratch on the sensor filter/glass, as ordinarily Olympus' super sonic wave filter does an amazing job of dust reduction. In the 4-5 years I have shot with the OM-D I have not had to manually clean the sensor even once.

pr4photos wrote:

May 09, 2017 at 11:41 PM
imxkal
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dust...or?

bobbytan wrote:
May have been a scratch on the sensor filter/glass, as ordinarily Olympus' super sonic wave filter does an amazing job of dust reduction. In the 4-5 years I have shot with the OM-D I have not had to manually clean the sensor even once.

IT's a dust on the sensor. I sent it back to B&H for a refund.
First time returning any thing to B&H, hopefully all goes well.

May 10, 2017 at 12:35 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dust...or?

My bad here ... for some reason I was thinking that we were talking about an Olympus camera. Only just realized that OP was talking about the G85. Sorry!

bobbytan wrote:

May 10, 2017 at 04:30 AM
pr4photos
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dust...or?

Panasonic have a bad rep for dust on the sensor. My GX8 has a small spec of dust. Panasonic won't cover it under warranty, and its not worth the money to get it repaired myself. So I live with it - I can remove it easy in Lightroom/Photoshop

May 10, 2017 at 12:44 PM
imxkal
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dust...or?

pr4photos wrote:
Panasonic have a bad rep for dust on the sensor. My GX8 has a small spec of dust. Panasonic won't cover it under warranty, and its not worth the money to get it repaired myself. So I live with it - I can remove it easy in Lightroom/Photoshop

I just asked B&H for a refund and ordered the GX8 instead. Hopefully I won't have any dust issues on mine

May 10, 2017 at 03:15 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password