Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Trying out my new Leica Summicron-R 90mm & fire breaks out at Valero...

billsamuels
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trying out my new Leica Summicron-R 90mm & fire breaks out at Valero Oil Refinery!

I was driving to work with my new Leica Summicron-R 90mm F/2 lens that I planned to take some photos over my lunch break, when I noticed a giant plume of black smoke and large flames shooting out of the oil refinery I was driving by and fire engines flying by. I pulled off the road and took the following photos with my new lens. What luck!!!

Pacific Gas & Electric shut down electricity and that apparently reversed the refinery process and caused a major fire. Three of the huge smoke stacks had black plumes of smoke shooting out of them along with huge orange flames of fire.

Minutes later, they closed the freeway that I take to get to work because of the danger and locked everyone down who lives in the surrounding communities. Breathing hazards! It took me an extra 45 minutes to go another way. But I can see why they don't want people to breath in that black soot. I have some photos to the north of the stacks and it was all black, but they weren't as interesting as these photos. I took a total of 25 photos and I should have seen if I could sell them to the media, but I just got back from a business trip and I've been a bit overwhelmed.

Very dramatic!!!
Enjoy,
Bill

May 06, 2017 at 01:18 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.