Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · How to process to get this look?

gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to process to get this look?

Aloha from Hawaii

I typically shoot a bit "warmer" and my wedding coordinator wants a certain look to the photos and I would like some input from the experts over here in this forum.

I shoot primarily jpeg and use Photoshop. I know there is a way to get my photos to have this color scheme without switching to RAW and Lightroom, just can't to get close enough for my satisfaction.

Less yellow? Different WB shooting in camera? Increased vibrance? etc...

Any input would be greatly appreciated (sample images below). Mine is the warmer one and the color scheme I am looking to achieve is the brighter, cooler one.

Thanks!

greg

https://i.imgur.com/ufI3FT3.png

May 05, 2017 at 02:11 PM
jharter
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to process to get this look?

The desired example is cooler but it is also relatively overexposed which amplifies the difference I think.

You could try less yellow in the color balance panel of LR. But you might have more luck using the HSL panel's color picking tool to desaturate the yellows of the sand and increase the aqua saturation of the water. Then you could make a preset and apply to all.

May 05, 2017 at 03:01 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to process to get this look?

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll try to find thr equivalent settings in Photoshop but I'm starting with a different by white balance, sunlight, for today's wedding and I think it'll work out well.

May 05, 2017 at 03:34 PM
aut0maticdan
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to process to get this look?

Make it cooler, increase the highlights and exposure and play with the hue and luminescence sliders under hsl for blue and aqua (not at my computer but I think it is aqua)

May 10, 2017 at 04:14 PM
Mickey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to process to get this look?

Don't forget that even if you shoot .jpg you can still tell Photoshop to open the file in "camera raw".
File - Open in Camera Raw

May 13, 2017 at 08:00 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to process to get this look?

Even in Lr you can boost exposure, pull the whites up, color temp cooler, more highlight, more vibrance. Play with a few other things (WB probably). Personally I think the pix on the right is ugly - destroys everything beautiful about the ocean and the couple - while I like your treatment. Puts me there in paradise.

As they say, "There's no accounting for taste of the lack thereof."

Robert

May 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.