New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · X-Pro2 and manual lenses

Trek_of_Joy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · X-Pro2 and manual lenses

I have two XT2's. Personally the superior EVF and the tilt screen are features I don't want to give up as it makes MF so much easier - but I also shoot a lot of low angle and overhead shots so my LCD is constantly on the move. Surprisingly I find the goofy portrait tilt mechanism on the LCD very handy too, I use it a lot. I thought about going the XT2/XP2 route, but IMO the XP2's EVF really pales by comparison. For MF use, its a major downgrade, I love the big EVF in the XT2 - again IMO.

I don't use peaking at all, focus magnify and just crank the JPEG sharpening up - you can see what I call "waves' when something snaps into focus. The image seems to shimmer a bit in the focus plane. Its tough to describe, but with that awesome EVF its easy to see.

OT - I had the chance to tinker with the A9 at a demo event in China a few days ago, the new, higher res EVF makes MF even easier. Hopefully it makes it into the XT3.

May 18, 2017 at 08:20 PM
RyanFlynn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · X-Pro2 and manual lenses

I use my Voigtlander 35/1.2II on my XPro2 a lot. Typically with the EVF, which I find great (I haven't used an XT2, but have the GFX as well, and the XPro2's EVF still seems solid to me.) With the OVF and the little electronic rangefinder patch, manual focus works pretty well, although it's not quite as seamless as a Leica, since you're looking down into the corner of the viewfinder as opposed to right in the center.

Still, all-in-all I'd say it's a pleasant experience.

May 18, 2017 at 08:29 PM
jeffbuzz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · X-Pro2 and manual lenses

I prefer the OVF on my X-Pro2 to the EVF. It definitely provides a different experience in use compared to the EVF. But that is the beauty of the X-Pro cameras, you can use them either way. Use the EVF and it really is not significantly different from the X-T2. Parallax is a non-issue unless you are shooting really close. The OVF shifts the white frame lines to compensate for parallax as your focus changes so you can see where your current framing lies. It is that kind of electronic "overlay" of info on top of the OVF that makes the X-Pro2 shine for me. It is the best of both worlds.

May 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.