New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Focus stacking with Pen F??

Herbc
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Focus stacking with Pen F??

Steve Huff lists a procedure on his website that states Pen F will do focus stacking, but I have not had any luck with the steps he outlines. I can get to bracketing, but not to the number of exposures to focus stack.
He also says this results in a jpeg image. No RAW?

May 04, 2017 at 07:59 PM
formula4speed
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Focus stacking with Pen F??

I don't own the Pen F, but my understanding was that you can focus bracket, but not stack. Meaning it will take the photos but you need to blend them in post. I vaguely recall some confusion about people seeing that it could do it in a review, but after multiple users tried to do it, it seemed like the information in the review was incorrect.

If I'm incorrect on that, do you have a lens that supports focus stacking? Not all lenses support it, I believe the 60mm macro, 12-40 Pro and 40-150 Pro do (likely others as well).

Hopefully some Pen F owners will chime in with more information.

May 04, 2017 at 08:12 PM
Herbc
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Focus stacking with Pen F??

it does seem to be the case. I have the 60mm macro.

May 05, 2017 at 12:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

gary0319
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Focus stacking with Pen F??

Herbc wrote:
Steve Huff lists a procedure on his website that states Pen F will do focus stacking, but I have not had any luck with the steps he outlines. I can get to bracketing, but not to the number of exposures to focus stack.

The Pen F (I own one) has no stacking feature, bracketing only. Only the E-M1 marks I and II have the stacking feature.

May 05, 2017 at 01:05 AM
alexmilesg3

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Focus stacking with Pen F??

Herbc wrote:

I also confirm that stacking is not on the PEN-F. But there is a focus bracketing option, where you select the number of shots and the differential between each shot. The bracketing starts from the focus point, moving beyond the focus point depending on the settings selected.

May 18, 2017 at 07:51 PM
Herbc
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Focus stacking with Pen F??

Thanks Alex

May 18, 2017 at 08:19 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password