New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Beautiful (or Handsome) at Any Age

DougVaughn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Beautiful (or Handsome) at Any Age

I'm continuing with my personal project of photographing seniors and received permission to post a few.

1) I loved the rugged look of this gentleman, who ran a furniture business through his career. I'm hoping for the opportunity to take some less posed and maybe more environmental images of him in the future.

2) Twice in the past two months, I've been lucky enough to photograph someone on her 95th birthday. What are the odds? This woman is amazing, and I can only hope to have her mobility, youthful looks, and quick wit on my 80th birthday, much less at 95.

3) I know this is posted to the B&W board but had to throw in a color image. I was taken by the purple streak in her hair and ready humor. I asked what prompted the hair style, and she said the beautician thought she needed to spice things up a little. I know the technicals aren't perfect here with the reflection in the glasses, but the expression was genuine, and you can't ask someone not to lift their head when they're happy.

I'm waiting for permission for one more, which was my favorite of the day. Hopefully I will be able to post it soon.

May 04, 2017 at 01:28 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Beautiful (or Handsome) at Any Age

These are great Doug! What a wonderful project.

May 04, 2017 at 01:49 PM
flyfishertoo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Beautiful (or Handsome) at Any Age

DougVaughn wrote:
3) I know this is posted to the B&W board but had to throw in a color image. I was taken by the purple streak in her hair and ready humor. I asked what prompted the hair style, and she said the beautician thought she needed to spice things up a little. I know the technicals aren't perfect here with the reflection in the glasses, but the expression was genuine, and you can't ask someone not to lift their head when they're happy.

I hadn't even noticed the reflections. I think it is beautiful just as it is.

Don

May 04, 2017 at 08:03 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.