dmacmillan wrote:
3 and 8 are my favs. Nice!

Thank you!

May 03, 2017 at 03:21 AM
Kohala
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A few high school senior model shots

5 is my absolute favorite followed by2. But they're all terrific.

May 03, 2017 at 05:22 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A few high school senior model shots

Some very nice work in this set. #5 is a favourite, followed by 7 & 8.

Some nits: The expressions on the faces in #1 and #4. Here's a caption for #4 "How long do I have to hold this pose?" #1 isn't that bad, just not expressing any emotion.

Another nit - the arm leading out of the frame in #9. She seems to be looking at a point below the camera in that shot.

May 03, 2017 at 12:02 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A few high school senior model shots

For me, it's 3 and 5. Very nice!

May 03, 2017 at 01:04 PM
nygfan44

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A few high school senior model shots

Nice series, love #5!

May 03, 2017 at 02:30 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A few high school senior model shots

Jim Rickards wrote:
Some very nice work in this set. #5 is a favourite, followed by 7 & 8.

Some nits: The expressions on the faces in #1 and #4. Here's a caption for #4 "How long do I have to hold this pose?" #1 isn't that bad, just not expressing any emotion.

Another nit - the arm leading out of the frame in #9. She seems to be looking at a point below the camera in that shot.

Lol I hear you about the nits. The girl in the #1 photo, she did not want to smile because she still has braces on. We are doing another photo shoot after she gets them off to get some smiles. I offered to just do the whole photo shoot at a later date, but she wanted a few for now and wanted to do another later when the braces are off. She insisted, so we went ahead and did some. I posted another of the girl in number 4. Do you like this expression better?

DSC_1051 by Renee Crabtree, on Flickr

May 03, 2017 at 04:42 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A few high school senior model shots

I was going to comment on your fourth photo as well. But first, I like your second posted photo (above) much better. The problem I have with the first one is the basic pose, leaning body-forward into the fence. It's the same problem I have with photos of seniors standing on railroad tracks (apart from the oft-commented-on safety issue). My issue is that nobody ever does these things except as poses for photos. When would anyone ever lean body-forward into a fence? When would anyone choose to sit on a rail, or between the rails on a railroad track? I get the leading lines bit, but there are so many other ways to accomplish that. These are just my pet peeves.

Having said that, your work overall is very well done. So take these comments for whatever they may be worth.

May 03, 2017 at 05:05 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A few high school senior model shots

agelessphotog wrote:
Lol I hear you about the nits. The girl in the #1 photo, she did not want to smile because she still has braces on. We are doing another photo shoot after she gets them off to get some smiles. I offered to just do the whole photo shoot at a later date, but she wanted a few for now and wanted to do another later when the braces are off. She insisted, so we went ahead and did some. I posted another of the girl in number 4. Do you like this expression better?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4189/34271206802_82ee6a168f_b.jpgDSC_1051 by Renee Crabtree, on Flickr

I LOVE that expression!

May 03, 2017 at 08:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A few high school senior model shots

Steve Wylie wrote:
I was going to comment on your fourth photo as well. But first, I like your second posted photo (above) much better. The problem I have with the first one is the basic pose, leaning body-forward into the fence. It's the same problem I have with photos of seniors standing on railroad tracks (apart from the oft-commented-on safety issue). My issue is that nobody ever does these things except as poses for photos. When would anyone ever lean body-forward into a fence? When would anyone choose to sit on a rail, or between the rails on a railroad track?
...Show more

"when would someone lean body forward into a fence" I see poses like that from my favorite photographers. At least 20% of high school senior shots, from some of the best photographers have people in poses they normally would never do. I hear what you are saying but I think some of those poses looks great anyways. It was a barn, I had them up next to it because it was super bright and harsh lighting. Normally high school girls aren't up against brick walls or out in fields either, and rarely ever in creeks or streams very often.

May 03, 2017 at 09:50 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A few high school senior model shots

Sorry; I certainly hope you weren't offended by my comment. Those are just my personal preferences. I'll keep them to myself. Obviously you should continue to do what makes you and your clients happy.

May 04, 2017 at 03:10 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A few high school senior model shots

Steve Wylie wrote:
Sorry; I certainly hope you weren't offended by my comment. Those are just my personal preferences. I'll keep them to myself. Obviously you should continue to do what makes you and your clients happy.

No! Not offended at all. Just had me thinking. I kind of see what you are saying, I still just like those poses though. And this one posted below was actually pretty popular in my area for a while, got more likes and comments than any other shot of hers in that shoot. But it is her up against a barn like the ones you were not crazy about. Don't ever hold back on commenting. You guys and some of the guys over at dpreview are why I am where I am today. I am a much better photographer for the constructive criticism. You should have seen our work 4 years ago. I do see what you are saying, but I don't think my clients pick up on that at all.

DSC_2710 by Renee Crabtree, on Flickr

May 04, 2017 at 06:38 PM
Lightsearcher
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A few high school senior model shots

Beautiful set, love the natural poses and combination of wood, brick and grass in all your pictures.

The 105 is an amazing lens in your hands.

Marcelo

May 05, 2017 at 03:11 AM
TheRoosta

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · A few high school senior model shots

Great collection of shots. I find the foreground wall a little distracting in the first shot, but otherwise excellent all round. I'm sure the subjects were all pleased with the results.

May 05, 2017 at 12:50 PM
MikeMancil
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · A few high school senior model shots

While I'm a sucker for beautiful young ladies, the young man in #8 seems to be the most relaxed and natural of your subjects. All are good though... Mike

May 05, 2017 at 01:56 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · A few high school senior model shots

Lightsearcher wrote:
Beautiful set, love the natural poses and combination of wood, brick and grass in all your pictures.

The 105 is an amazing lens in your hands.

Marcelo

Thank you Marcelo!

May 05, 2017 at 11:05 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · A few high school senior model shots

MikeMancil wrote:
While I'm a sucker for beautiful young ladies, the young man in #8 seems to be the most relaxed and natural of your subjects. All are good though... Mike

He actually likes having his photo taken which is really cool because many of the guys are just getting the senior photos done to make their moms happy. He did great.

May 05, 2017 at 11:05 PM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · A few high school senior model shots

TheRoosta wrote:
Great collection of shots. I find the foreground wall a little distracting in the first shot, but otherwise excellent all round. I'm sure the subjects were all pleased with the results.

Thank you! yes the foreground is a little distracting, never even noticed it until you pointed that out, but I agree. They were all happy except the mother of the girl in the first shot said she wished I had gotten more smiles in the photos instead of the serious look. The mother didn't come to the photo shoot, she just dropped her daughter off at our studio and I had to take her. As I mentioned above, her daughter said she didn't want to smile because she still had her braces, yet mom wanted more smiles. I got some smiles anyways and some close mouth smiles, but mom still wanted more. I'll get more of those in her next photo shoot. These are my senior models so they get multiple shoots.

May 05, 2017 at 11:09 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · A few high school senior model shots

agelessphotog wrote:
These are my senior models so they get multiple shoots.

You mean all your senior shoots are multiple sessions?

May 13, 2017 at 03:07 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password