Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Minimal & cheap off camera flash solution for Fuji &a...

bvphotos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Minimal & cheap off camera flash solution for Fuji & Sony with Canon 430EX

I'd like to purchase a minimum of gear to enable me to use the 430EX as an off camera flash with HSS from both my Fuji X-T2 & Sony A7RII. The solutions I've come up with so far are:

1. Cactus system: I need 2 V6 II & 1 V6 IIs. One V6 II on the Fuji body to control the 430EX on the other V6 II transceiver. The V6 IIs on the Sony body will control the 430EX mounted on one of the V6 II transceivers. The upside is that it gives me complete cross-compatibility. The downside is that I need 3 transceivers.

2. Godox: I'll have to buy an X1TS transmitter + TT350S flash for the Sony. And a similar pair for the Fuji. The downsides are: (a) 4 different parts. (b) the Fuji transmitter will not be available till later this year although the flash will be available soon, (c) the 430EX is useless in this setup.

Can a Godox TT350F & TT350S be used as master-slave pair, with one of them mounted on the correspondingly compatible camera the other as an off-camera flash? If so, then I might be able to get away with just getting the 2 flashes & forgetting about the transmitters.

Any other choices?

May 02, 2017 at 01:01 AM
Elisha82
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Minimal & cheap off camera flash solution for Fuji & Sony with Canon 430EX

I have been considering the Cactus V6II and RF60X setup for my X-T2. Too bad Cactus does not make a smaller flash that can be hotshoe mounted on the Fuji.
Apparently the RF60X will be able to be fully TTL on the Fuji hotshoe soon.
I may pick up the TT350 when available to sit on top of the V6II mounted on the X-T2 and also have the ability to TTL and HSS trigger the RF60X.

May 07, 2017 at 11:55 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password