Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Roadside

Roadside

Apr 30, 2017 at 06:16 AM
camerapapi
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Roadside

It is a beautiful pastoral view. It shows somewhat harsh sidellighting with a tendency to slightly overexpose the background immediately behind the tree.
Note the tree, supposedly the center of interest. It is in the dead center offsetting the composition. Sometimes, although the visual design is less pleasing, it is not possible avoiding to place the center of interest dead center and I do not mean it cannot be dead center as when the center of interest dominates most of the frame.
It is a beautiful view and you can improve this beautiful shot with a little bit of digital darkroom techniques like using some burning-in to taste and perhaps desaturating the file just a bit. Obviously, we are all different and we have different ways of editing, I am just saying what I usually do.
If this photograph is to your liking simply ignore my comments.

Apr 30, 2017 at 08:46 AM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Roadside

camerapapi wrote:
It is a beautiful pastoral view. It shows somewhat harsh sidellighting with a tendency to slightly overexpose the background immediately behind the tree.
Note the tree, supposedly the center of interest. It is in the dead center offsetting the composition. Sometimes, although the visual design is less pleasing, it is not possible avoiding to place the center of interest dead center and I do not mean it cannot be dead center as when the center of interest dominates most of the frame.
It is a beautiful view and you can improve this beautiful shot with a little bit of digital darkroom techniques
...Show more

Your comments and critique are well taken. Thanks very much.

Apr 30, 2017 at 09:49 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.