Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Sigma 85mm f1,4 ART - have you switched from your Canon 8...

jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sigma 85mm f1,4 ART - have you switched from your Canon 85mm f1,2 II?

Holger wrote:
We bought the 85 Art recently for Canon. We now use the 85 Art on the 5div and the 85GM on the A7rii.
Both are excellent. The Sigma is sharper and focusses faster, it is heavier, too, as can be read on the internet for quite some time already. I prefer the bokeh of the Gmaster. However both are very close. Besides the 35/1.4ii it is the first lens (and first Sigma lens) which didn't require any fine tuning at all distances. Did quite surprise us.

I personally didn't see enough of a difference in the GMaster versus the 2.8 FE to go with the (slower to focus, exceptionally heavy) G-Master. Their GMaster 24-70 is great too.

May 13, 2017 at 04:49 PM
Holger
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sigma 85mm f1,4 ART - have you switched from your Canon 85mm f1,2 II?

jeremy_clay wrote:
I personally didn't see enough of a difference in the GMaster versus the 2.8 FE to go with the (slower to focus, exceptionally heavy) G-Master. Their GMaster 24-70 is great too.

That is a matter of taste. I like the extra 2/3 of a stop. Makes a difference when doing full body portraits especially with busy backgrounds like foliage and branches. Additionally, I don't like cats eye bokeh. The GM is very good at avoiding those and at f1.8 the bokeh balls in the Sigma Art and 85 GM are nice and round.

May 14, 2017 at 01:49 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password