New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Frankenlenses from Brooklyn.

DavidBM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Frankenlenses from Brooklyn.

sebboh wrote:
i believe 3 on the original leaf shutter/aperture, but i got rid of that because the mechanism didn't mate easily to my m-mount. i stuck a 6 blade aperture on from an old tokina 28/2.8 lens.

Very enterprising!

I've been wondering if I picked up a ten blade mechanism from an old Voigtlander lens or some such, if I could get it installed in a Laowa 2/15 by a lens repair outfit. Do you have any sense of how doable that would be (I suppose we need to look inside one to have any idea..)

Aug 11, 2017 at 06:51 AM
genji
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Frankenlenses from Brooklyn.

DavidBM wrote:
Look forward to seeing the Yashinon!
Hope you like Dunkirk; I was pretty impressed. Saw it in 70mm at the Cremorne Orpheum..

I developed such an intense dislike of Christopher Nolan's directorial style that I stopped going to his films after walking out halfway through Inception. But I found Dunkirk technically, aesthetically, and emotionally flawless. Now I'm tempted to trek over to Cremorne to see it in 70mm.

Here's a (not so great) pic made with the Color-Yashinon DX 35/1.8. The weird bokeh is obvious in the upper left corner. I'll post a picture with more subtle weird bokeh later on in the FE Images thread.

Aug 11, 2017 at 08:18 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Frankenlenses from Brooklyn.

DavidBM wrote:
Very enterprising!

I've been wondering if I picked up a ten blade mechanism from an old Voigtlander lens or some such, if I could get it installed in a Laowa 2/15 by a lens repair outfit. Do you have any sense of how doable that would be (I suppose we need to look inside one to have any idea..)

depends on the diameter and thickness of the aperture (and space for the aperture on the lens). if you open the lens and measure the aperture it has, you could look for something that fits (they sell apertures by themselves for a number of applications).

Aug 11, 2017 at 04:27 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password