New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Highly Reserved

sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Highly Reserved

Processing?
Title? (It's the Federal Reserve Building, Boston)
Comp?
Interest?

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Apr 28, 2017 at 01:50 PM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Highly Reserved

Yes all around! Love this shot. Really engaging and fantastic - I feel like this could be an architecture shot in 2097 or something.

I do have a few really nitty nits that don't have a ton of bearing on how I feel about the pic.

Not sure the lil cloud at the base should hang around as it pulls the eye some.

There is a strange spot near the top-left of the building that looks oddly lighter compared to the surrounding areas. Could be absolutely nothing, but it caught my eye.

Final micronit would be to try to recover some detail in that front right side of building face (my circle location is kinda misleading, as the smaller face is more concerning to me), since most of the rest of that face retains detail. Not as concerned about the mostly blown face (consistency).

Cool shot!!!

Jeff

Apr 28, 2017 at 03:45 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Highly Reserved

Very neat. I had to look to see if it was a rooftop taken from above or a tall building looking up. Just for a moment. But then I needed to decide what the foreground triangular object was, perhaps another roof or pravillian or Anyway it's very interesting geometry

Apr 28, 2017 at 04:00 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Highly Reserved

Jeff,
Thanks for the detailed attention and close look.
Glad you like it!
Scott

May 04, 2017 at 04:03 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Highly Reserved

ben egbert wrote:
Very neat. I had to look to see if it was a rooftop taken from above or a tall building looking up. Just for a moment. But then I needed to decide what the foreground triangular object was, perhaps another roof or pravillian or Anyway it's very interesting geometry

Good eye, Ben.
There is a dark glass pavilion covering an entrance to an underground pathway across the street to the terminal and T (Boston's name for the transportation system). The pavilion is hundreds of feet in front of the base of the Federal Reserve. I thought aligning it might add interest.

BTW, if others didn't notice from the EXIF, this was taken with my IR converted camera. Kind of a standard BW IR image with the main effect I can tell is the enhancement of the sky.

Scott

May 04, 2017 at 04:04 PM
Kevin T
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Highly Reserved

Good pic of a real interesting bldg. I like the way you tied in the other structure!

It looks like a very high security structure with the window protection louvres. If I understand correctly those are there to stop the eves dropping technology that the bad guys use where they collect the sound vibrations from the window glass like conversations.

May 04, 2017 at 04:20 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Highly Reserved

Kevin T wrote:
Good pic of a real interesting bldg. I like the way you tied in the other structure!

It looks like a very high security structure with the window protection louvres. If I understand correctly those are there to stop the eves dropping technology that the bad guys use where they collect the sound vibrations from the window glass like conversations.

Thanks Kevin. I had no idea about the protective design. Cool.

Scott

May 05, 2017 at 06:57 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.