Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

With improved vision, and what appears so far to be an excellent copy of an F6 along with Meta35, I'm shooting film again. Any of you all with that combination of gear who could advise me about how the hell to get the damn files transferred to my computer via Meta35, I'd be grateful. Irrespective of using the exact protocol Meta35 requires, I get no files transferred. So, I'd appreciate any advice from those of you who have had success with the transfer and if you had the problem I've described how you got round it. I've tried rangerfinder forum, lots of views, no assistance. The Meta35 company is non-responsive so far, and even the vaunted and prolific sage, KR, only references BH where you can buy it. Starving family and all that. TIA, anthony

Apr 28, 2017 at 06:46 AM
carlitos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

I don't want to sound too uninformed, but at what point does the film get scanned? And who does the scanning? I've never used Meta35, but it seems like someone has to manually enter data and scan film. Then Meta35 will happily take your money and maintain your images. I could be wrong.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

just because one's vision improves, it doesnt mean one's competency does Anybody buys Meta 35, when you plug in the camera cable to the USB adapter, be damn sure to press it ALL the way in such that nothing of the plug is showing when so done. There. Now back to the geriatric farm

Apr 28, 2017 at 03:35 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

Carlitos, fair question. I get back this coming week my first roll from Philadelphia Photographics, scanned to high Rez. I load it into my Pics folder, call up Meta35 and point it to those photos. Having done so, I then synch the film file data with each picture via the software, or at least that's the way it appears. We shall see.

Apr 28, 2017 at 03:37 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

However all this works, good luck with it, Anthony.

Apr 28, 2017 at 05:29 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

Thanks, Bro,

Apr 28, 2017 at 05:48 PM
geekcop
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

Here is an excellent article on the process by John Crane.

http://www.nikonf6.net/uncategorized/meta35-embed-exif-data-in-film-shot-images-tweak-custom-setting-menus/

If you love your F6 you should read all of John's work on his site. Its excellent!

Apr 29, 2017 at 07:57 AM
carlitos
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

anthonysemone wrote:
Carlitos, fair question. I get back this coming week my first roll from Philadelphia Photographics, scanned to high Rez. I load it into my Pics folder, call up Meta35 and point it to those photos. Having done so, I then synch the film file data with each picture via the software, or at least that's the way it appears. We shall see.

I see. I went to Phil-Photo's website, but their price list doesn't seem to available. How much do they charge to develop a roll of 36 exp E-6 film?

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:58 AM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

You still shooting the same F6 I sold you years ago? I do miss film and that F6. It was a dream camera along with the FM3a that I also owned for a short time.

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:16 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

Sadly, no, because there came a time when I had to sell it along with all the rest of my camera gear to save the life of my Golden Retriever service dog, Emma.

Apr 30, 2017 at 01:18 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

anthonysemone wrote:
Sadly, no, because there came a time when I had to sell it along with all the rest of my camera gear to save the life of my Golden Retriever service dog, Emma.

So sorry to hear this my friend. Gear can always be replaced, and hopefully times have gotten better for you and Emma.

May 01, 2017 at 09:42 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nikon Dinosaurs using Meta35?

Thanks, Brother, good days and bad days; thankfully, the former are beginning to outnumber the latter although at a pace slower than I'd like.

anthony

May 02, 2017 at 07:58 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.