New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Becoming a pro photographer infographic feedback

robertsail

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Becoming a pro photographer infographic feedback

Hello guys,

I have just created this infographic about how to become a professional photographer.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions you have for the graphic.

Thanks
Robhttp://www.rsweddingphotographer.com/how-to-become-a-professional-photographer

Apr 27, 2017 at 09:14 AM
gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Becoming a pro photographer infographic feedback

This looks like you put a lot of effort into it.

For what purpose? Where are you going to display this?

I would recommend hiring an editor, as there are several classic mistakes that make it appear to be a rough draft.

Also, not only are your resources at the bottom not hyper-linked (they should be), but one is not able to even highlight (to copy and paste in a wed browser).

Otherwise, well done.

HTH

greg

Apr 27, 2017 at 03:35 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Becoming a pro photographer infographic feedback

I think this is severely lacking in it's informational value and credibility. To me it looks like something written by a typical photographer and not a Business person.

This is supposed to be about how to become a Professional Photographer, IE, taking pictures as ones profession and livelihood.
For me there is afar to much about photography and far too little about business. They are also in the wrong order of priority.

Anyone looking to enter a business or profession would have to be a half wit to prioritize what they want to do over where the opportunities laid and therefore the best way to make money. They would also be making a gross mistake ( as many do) to be worrying about their skills as a photographer before they worried about their skills as a business person.

The tiddly wink mentality is already rife enough and this only perpetuates it.
Sorry, but as a true help for people wanting to become pros, This is complete and utter garbage and highly misleading. We don't need any more people in the industry that have their priorities completely arse around and that is EXACTLY what this piece does to those whom would read it.

It's clearly written from the view of a photographer NOT a business person and that is in direct conflict to the title of the piece and it's supposed aims.
Professional is business first, not what you want to enjoy doing.

Apr 30, 2017 at 08:37 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.