Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Rokinon 14mm 2.8 lens (Sony E mount)

speterson

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Rokinon 14mm 2.8 lens (Sony E mount)

Rokinon 14mm 2.8 lens (Sony E mount)

Sold

Price: $190.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new
Shipping instructions: Buyer pays shipping.

This lens has had less than 500 images taken with it; it is in excellent +++ condition. There are no visible signs of use or wear. The aperture ring works properly, the focusing is smooth, and the optics are very clean, with no signs of external or internal flaws. Lens comes with rear cap, hood cap, soft pouch, manual, warranty info, and box. It is a Sony FE and E mount lens working on either their full frame or APC formatted E mount cameras.

Rokinon and its other various names have had a tarnished reputation in terms of quality control. The original copy I received from B&H was in that basket, exhibiting smeary pixels at the outer third of the image circle. I submitted images to their warrantee department and they agreed that the lens was out of “specs”.

I sent the lens to them which they replaced and upon my request, had their technician examine the lens and test it for assurance that it was up to company standards.

In receiving this lens I tested it thoroughly and was satisfied that it performed up to the quality expected. The extreme outer edges of an image will be softer than the center but of course most lenses will exhibit these faults, partially due to manufacturing, user misunderstanding of focus techniques, and field curvature.

Cropped to a 16mm image size this lens is equally sharp as compared to the Canon 16-35mm 2.8 and the Sony FE 16-35mm F/4. If you focus near infinity then the close up regions i.e. near your feet will not be as sharp as the mid-range and more distant points. Experimenting with hyperlocal distance focusing and stopping down to f/8 or f/11 can mitigate this.

The Rokinon - for average scenes - is best to pre-focus at 10 ft. If you have more important detail in the foreground then focus at 7 ft. If the background is of primary interest then focus at the ! mark or even closer to infinity. Or, ideally take a couple of exposures using focus stacking to get maximum sharpness near to far.

For the price, this is a great lens which will provide you with years of excellent service.

If requested I can send you sample images shot with this lens.

Apr 26, 2017 at 09:50 PM
thrilliam

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Rokinon 14mm 2.8 lens (Sony E mount)

PMed!

Apr 26, 2017 at 10:43 PM
40Driggs
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Rokinon 14mm 2.8 lens (Sony E mount)

Tag

Apr 28, 2017 at 06:21 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.