Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

saaber1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

Sold

Price: $799.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: USPS priority mail

Extremely sharp lens in nearly perfect condition. This is my sharpest lens. Color, Micro-contrast, and Bokeh are outstanding. Fantastic for portraits, landscape, and macro. It's so sharp I even use it for wildlife occasionally and crop (see pics below in second post).

Perfectly smooth manual focus and extra long throw make it very easy to nail focus. Includes both caps, hood, box, original plastic bags/foam and documentation. Glass is perfect. Also includes a neoprene lens pouch. Pouch has a built in rain cover. Price includes paypal fees and shipping to Continental US. Thanks for looking!

Edited on May 01, 2017 at 04:05 PM · View previous versions

Apr 26, 2017 at 08:47 PM
saaber1
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

Here are some pictures taken with the lens. Thanks!

Apr 26, 2017 at 08:56 PM
dog rocket
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

BIF with this lens? Impressive my friend!

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:29 AM
saaber1
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I think BIF is really not that hard with this lens mostly due to the really long throw and damping. The other big factor I think is that the lens sharpness and micro-contrast means one can take a shot at 100mm and crop a lot. I tried similar shots with the Nikon 105 f/2 DC and 85mm 1.4g and the images don't stand up to that kind of cropping. Both the other two lenses are sharp but nothing like the Zeiss.

The edge to edge sharpness shown in lens rentals bench tests are pretty much ideal for landscape use (see chart below). With this lens it's uncanny how you can crop a corner of a shot (say with a flying bird in it) and still get a razor sharp image. I'm used to using long lenses with AF for BIF where you have to have the red focus box on the bird all the time. But with MF and edge-to-edge sharpness the bird can be anywhere in the frame and still be sharp as long as your focus is close and you are using a large enough aperture for adequate depth of field.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:18 AM
saaber1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

Price reduced to $799 shipped and paypalled. Thanks!

May 01, 2017 at 04:06 PM
andersd
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

PM sent

May 01, 2017 at 07:55 PM
EZfan
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Zeiss 100mm f/2 Makro-Planar zf.2

pm'd

May 01, 2017 at 09:52 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.