New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Exposure compensation in Timalapse app

xoda
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Exposure compensation in Timalapse app

I currently use Av mode to do timelapses, because I have to do exposure compensation adjustments along the way.

In the beginning, it's quite bright when the sun is still over the horizon, I have to dial in a -2EV exposure compensation. But after the sun goes down, I have to take out that adjustment (so +/- 0EV).

Is there any way for the Play Memories app to do this, to basically slowly ramp the exposure compensation? Or if not, if there a metering mode that just tells it to never blow out highlights during the day, but to make it as bright as possible during the night?

Apr 26, 2017 at 07:29 PM
ytwong
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Exposure compensation in Timalapse app

Are you shooting raw files for timelapse ?

I too wish to find a way to ramp exposure compensation in timelapse app but it will be quite complicated to design, and likely requires an external device ( prevent the camera being moved in the process).

I shoot raw and perform the exposure adjustment in raw files.

If you shoot raw, another way is ( I have not tried yet) is to use qdslrdashboard.

Apr 27, 2017 at 07:48 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Exposure compensation in Timalapse app

Isn't there some feature called "tracking" or something within the app? IIRC, I used it once during sunrise and it worked fairly well (on the low setting). Check it out....

Apr 28, 2017 at 09:36 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.