New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · A7RII Eye Sensor Battery Drain

Jack Thompson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A7RII Eye Sensor Battery Drain

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been covered, but I've not resolved this. When carrying around my A7RII, I've gotten in the habit of turning it off after taking shots because I'd found that the eye sensor would be activated by the camera resting against my body while hanging from its strap, or from being put back into a bag. Which means I sometimes lose a shot while waiting for the camera to power up. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, do you have a work around (other than just carrying more batteries). Had thought in the past that it would be awesome to leave the camera on, and turn the EVF off with a custom button push, that way I could just make it a habit of activating the EVF with a button push while I brought the camera up to my eye. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:32 PM
krugorg
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A7RII Eye Sensor Battery Drain

I am using this method with my A7R II:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56619390

It works pretty well, though, I do still miss the auto feature when I am moving from another camera (where the implementation is better).

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:52 PM
Jack Thompson
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A7RII Eye Sensor Battery Drain

Yeah, I already toggle back and forth manually between the LCD and the EVF, but if the EVF is on, the battery is just wasting away same as if the EVF were on right? Could one have the LCD on and have it go to sleep after a short time?

Apr 25, 2017 at 10:08 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.