FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Flash Bag Recommendations

bipock
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flash Bag Recommendations

My main bag for my wedding work has become way too heavy and way too cramped for my needs, so I'm looking for something to move my flash gear and MagMods to. I've currently got it in all Vanguard Uprise 38, but it just won't hold everything.

What's got to go in it:

- 4 Speedlites with MagGrips (2 with and 2 without)
- Cheetah 360X with battery and splitter cable
- 2 AD 200s (just the fresnel head, with MagGrips)
- MagMod Gear (stack of grids and gel holders, 2 spheres, 2 bounces, snoot and MagBeam)
- Misc. much smaller flash gear

A shoulder bag is preferable.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:34 PM
MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flash Bag Recommendations

I'm using this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/894332-REG/ruggard_psb_675b_commando_pro_75_dslr.html

I have four Godox v860x, one Godox 360x + battery, mag grips for each of the flash heads, a MagBoob, MaBeam, MagBounce an S-Adapter. I also have a small LED light (4x5"). Two umbrella brackets like these: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/546375-REG/Manfrotto_026_026_Swivel_Umbrella_Adapter.html?sts=pi and another one like this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/501169-REG/Westcott_5015_Shoe_Mount_for_Mini.html?sts=pi A few double AAs a couple spare Lithium batteries for the Godox and it all fits comfortably with room to spare. I could lay two AD200 across the top of the other gear as it is now and that would totally max out the space but it would make it hard to get other things in and out in a smooth or quick fashion. I could transport everything that way but it would not be great for working out of it.

Apr 24, 2017 at 01:58 PM
bipock
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flash Bag Recommendations

MRomine wrote:
I'm using this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/894332-REG/ruggard_psb_675b_commando_pro_75_dslr.html

Actually looked at that one last night. Looked big enough, but I just wasn't sure. Hard to visualize everything when you're looking at a picture and not actually holding it.

Apr 24, 2017 at 02:28 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flash Bag Recommendations

bipock wrote:
Actually looked at that one last night. Looked big enough, but I just wasn't sure. Hard to visualize everything when you're looking at a picture and not actually holding it.

It is very reasonably priced for the space that you get. There are probably other bags that are larger but not at that price. You can always return it if you purchase from B&H should it not work for your needs.

Apr 24, 2017 at 02:31 PM
bipock
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flash Bag Recommendations

I've looked at a used Crumpler Extravaganza which I think is a bit bigger. Price is pretty fair, given it's used.

Apr 24, 2017 at 02:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

glort
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Flash Bag Recommendations

I'm Cheap... and nervous.

I just bought a normal travel suitcase, the roller type with handles and wheels.
Got some MDF and lined the thing top and bottom for protection then put some dividers I covered with foam in it to suit my gear. Has room for the laptop and a Lipo battery I can use to charge camera batteries on the go or run the laptop for additional hours. Also put some LED strip lighting in the thing so I can see what I'm doing in there or light up something close by.

Looks like a normal suitcase instead of something with thousands of bux worth of gear in it and cost a fraction of the price of a brand name bag Which I always think are complete rip offs.

I might look at defacing the thing a bit more and making it look extra crappy on what it does now to deter unwanted interest even more. Been thinking how I could put some sort of alarm in the thing or a decent tracking system for good measure.

That said, I'm pretty pedantic with security anyway and never lost anything yet so maybe just becoming extra paranoid in my old age.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Flash Bag Recommendations

I use this for all my flash gear. Roller and backpack style. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/829131-REG/Ape_Case_ACPRO4000_ACPRO4000_Digital_SLR_and.html

Apr 27, 2017 at 01:32 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Flash Bag Recommendations

glort wrote:
I'm Cheap... and nervous.

I just bought a normal travel suitcase, the roller type with handles and wheels.
Got some MDF and lined the thing top and bottom for protection then put some dividers I covered with foam in it to suit my gear. Has room for the laptop and a Lipo battery I can use to charge camera batteries on the go or run the laptop for additional hours. Also put some LED strip lighting in the thing so I can see what I'm doing in there or light up something close by.

Looks like a normal suitcase instead
...Show more

Sounds pretty great, love to see this

Apr 27, 2017 at 01:57 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Flash Bag Recommendations

Roll with a thinktank retrospective for main gear(camera/lenses) + 1 flash.

The majority of flash stuff & 2nd camera body/lenses is in the international (thinktank).
Stands are in a separate rolling bag.

For weddings.... 3 bags: (1)a shoulder, (2)a rolling travel size bag and then (3)a large rolling bag for stands.

For security during receptions at big hotel, all non used lenses/cameras are in the Thinktank international. It has a zipper lock and a cable lock. the bag is locked to the stage or large DJ speaker stand/tower.

-Mark

Apr 27, 2017 at 02:31 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Flash Bag Recommendations

I just used a Domke F7 I could beat the hell out of and not stress over.

Apr 29, 2017 at 06:00 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password