New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Adapter advice for A6000

Nozzleforward
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adapter advice for A6000

I'm buying an A6000 this weekend, and I want to get a couple adapters for MD and Canon FD lenses so I can shoot with them. Anyone have advice on which adapters I should get? As a side note, any suggestions on a good alt wide angle or tele, I'm still researching those too.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM
Emerrow

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adapter advice for A6000

I've been using mainly FD lenses on my a7s for the past few years. I've had really good experiences with just the cheap adapters from Amazon. I believe the brand is "fotasy." You can get more expensive with brands Fotodiox and novoflex.

Like I said, I've had good experiences with the cheaper ($13 I think) adapters. I've got 2 fd>E and one MD>E, both have tripod feet and I really like them!

There are so many lenses to choose from. I know it can be overwhelming sometimes. As for lenses on the wide end, I really like my FD 28/2.8 For tele lenses, I love my FD 70-210/4. If you haven't already, definitely go check out Phillip Reeve's website. He's got TONS of info about FD and MD lenses!

Apr 23, 2017 at 02:26 AM
Nozzleforward
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adapter advice for A6000

Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I like to hear, that the inexpensive ones will work well. I was reading his page yesterday, definitely great info and very helpful. I will just pick up a few suggested lenses from KEH and give it a try.

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2017 at 08:49 AM
Phillip Reeve
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adapter advice for A6000

I have had some headaches with cheap noname adapters. Do yourself a favor and go for the $20 K&F adapters which perform well in most scenarios.

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:04 AM
rdeloe
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adapter advice for A6000

+1 for K&F. The build quality is better and they don't cost much more.

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:15 AM
Nozzleforward
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Adapter advice for A6000

Done, I'll order them today.

Your website is the reason I got interested in Sony Mirrorless by the way, so thanks for that!

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I have had some headaches with cheap noname adapters. Do yourself a favor and go for the $20 K&F adapters which perform well in most scenarios.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:39 AM
Emerrow

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Adapter advice for A6000

I'll have to check out the K&F adapters next time I'm in the market for one!

Apr 23, 2017 at 01:50 PM
taperwood

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Adapter advice for A6000

I don't know which other adapters have them, but the Metabones adapters have a nice arca-compatible base with them and they are well built. I measured mine with a micrometer and it's coplanar within 0.001". I have the C/Y-E adapter.

Apr 23, 2017 at 02:06 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Adapter advice for A6000

Phillip Reeve wrote:

Got one and it is well made. But keep in mind that this is a manual focus adapter (do they have one with a chip now? I doubt it). You can't go wrong with a $16 investment.

For autofocus and EXIF communication I would say go ahead and spend $249 for the Sigma MC-11, although you may find a used one on the Buy and Sell forum for less.

Apr 25, 2017 at 04:34 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.